She made me feel dirty and uneducated....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
And another thing about taking Vegas to the NEW vet today, yes he does have yeast from his runny eyes, but I get a lecture on...how to clean his face, his tail pocket and his ears!! Like I don't do that on a daily basis!! I know she does not know me and was doing her job, but I was almost, well yes..insulted!!

I DO clean his pocket, I DO clean his ears with the flush I got from them, I DO wash his face with an anit-fungal-yeast soap, then rinse, then dry!! I am so ate up over this new vet I am beside myself tonight!!

Joe keeps telling me to "SHUT-UP" not his words, but I know he wants to! but I keep going over and over the visit! He just yelled at me and told me to get off this site and enjoy my Birthday, but I am so ate up about Vegas's vet visit today I am a nervous wreck!

Guess I just wanted to vent some more, and I am worried sick!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would feel the same way... and be looking for a new vet. This is your baby and it is not to be messed with, if you are not comfortable with how she spoke and treated you , what amount of faith/trust can you put in to what she does for your baby?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh I am getting in so much trouble, I did log off, now I am back on, LOL...another thing she told me was to NOT let him get fat!! She did say he was perfect for his age and size. My response was "Well he has been 63 lbs. for over a year and a half, so I must be doing something right" Her response....well dont let him get fat, it will hurt his legs and breathing! Ohhhh I am so mad right now, I need to settle down and enjoy. This IS my child. Would I really let my child be dirty or fat??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yup! Time for a new vet! And there's no reason ever that she should make you feel bad! Shame on her. Sometimes we are forced to make changed..now I'm thinking someone is helping push you to make this change.. 1st..your old vet left..now she's treated you so disrespectfully! And you will find a better one! :hug: wish I was there so could fire her too!! :cursing:

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Wow. I completely understand. That would get under my skin, and I'd freak. I can't stand my dog-parenting skills being second guessed. Hang in there! Sounds like just a inexperienced vet with lousy bedside manner skills. Now, fellow Libra, go enjoy you birthday!

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Let it go, enjoy your birthday,tomorrow is another day and you can look for a new vet then UNTIL then enjoy whats left of the day and celebrate.
Not a good thing to go to bed with a resentment.

P.S. Joe if you see this pull the power cord on the computer and hide it til morning :p

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am with Joe, for now. Get off and enjoy your birthday!!!!

Deal with the vet the best way you can, fire her. Now Enjoy you darn Birthday.

Dieselbaby

Sep 1, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I am sooo sorry that you had such a bad first experience with the new vet. I guess there will never be another Dr. Butler! Well just think of it this way.. I'm sure she wont stand a chance there filling butlers shoes.. shes already lost you as a returning client and me as well..no worries though you WILL find another vet that will be great I'm sure of! Hope you can have a restful evening on your lovely birthday!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
You should have told her to kiss your birthday a$$! There is a vet that specializes in bulldogs in sarasota who specializes in bulldogs (has his own) that I found out on here. I would change vets. I haven't been to him here but he was rec by a member. Will be taking bubba there,prob, in the near future. sorry about your exp. enjoy your birthday!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think I would find another vet, sounds like she has no bed side manner.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You deserve a relaxing, restful, and FUN rest of your birthday. Besides, Vegas most likely wants his mama to be feeling good and not worried about him right now.

At least now you know that vet is not a good fit for you. There are plenty of others and you will definitely find "the one". In the meantime, enjoy your night! :yes:

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
I'd say the vet is the uneducated one if she doesn't realize that yeast can still grow even if you are doing all of those things. Is the new vet young? Sometimes you get a newbie who will strut around like the barnyard rooster. It takes a few pecking hens to calm their butts down or better yet, a well educated bully mom to set them straight. But I agree with your hubby, go have yourself a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hope your birthday was GRAND [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. I also hope that you find a vet that you feel good about and Vegas likes too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I hope this didn't totally ruin your birthday .... :hug:

You know you are the best Momma that Vegas could ever have so don't even think about that. But I know how frustrating it is thinking it over and wishing you'd said all these things to her face!!!

Now I have to go hunting your previous thread to find out the entire story because this was the first thread I came across!!!! :detective:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.