Slippery tiles?

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Hi,

My name's natascha, and my booboo is 2 months old. I was wondering whether anyone had raised their puppy on tiles, and whether its bad for the puppy legs?
My cousin's husky got bent hind leg and she said its because the husky spent too much time inside the house and learn to walk in tiles.

Best regards, Natascha L

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I do not think a tile floor will make any type of difference to your Bully's legs than any other floor but if you have a space just for him maybe add throw rugs and some carpet to ease any soreness he may get in his paws. Its not like Bullys spend a lot of time running around or walking about, they tend to prefer to sit or lay. They do not need long walks , matter of fact they cannot do long walks. If you have a place just for your bully then maybe you may want to put down a bit of carpet or a throw rug or two so he will have a place of soft comfort while he chews up his toys and bones and you have to go and get him new ones .

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
He actually have his own room, i put his bed there and a bean bag chair for me to sit in, but he sometimes sleeps there too. I put some sort of aerofoam covering in his room but since he sometimes peed on them its hard to clean. I was wondering whether its ok to just leave him wondering about in plain floor since he sometimes slips...

Best regards, Natascha L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You may lose the beanbag chair when he claims it once he is big enough to crawl up on it and use it as a bed.

HRH has a bed in our bedroom, but often she opts to sleep on the hardwood floor instead of her bed or the area rug. She will move back to her bed if she wants the cushioning.

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Haha yes.. He already learns to climb up the chair and sleeps in it.. He changes positions and places often while he's sleeping..

Best regards, Natascha L

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318516302.159285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318516302.159285.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 101

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
my bully will be 2yrs old this december and we have half tile and have wood floors throughout the house, he just slides when he trying to run through the tile, but nothing is wrong with him so far(knock on wood) and i know of other bullys with the same flooring and nothing is wrong with them either, they love it when its hot because they cool down on the tile floor....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I would hope BooBoo has a LED tv in his room..... at least 42". :p

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I think he should be fine...Delilah was raised most of her puppy years on tile flooring and she does just fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with all the others... we have laminate flooring and our guys have had no issues.,,, Banks is 6 and Nitshcke 7

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
So i shouldn't worry then! Thanks all 

Best regards, Natascha L

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have raised several pups on tile flooring and no problems. Your little BooBoo is a cutie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online