Keep me away!!!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I was going on my breeders website just to check things out and I saw a new litter of cutie pies!!!!! I fell in love with one of them! A little background....my husband and I have talked about having more kids, but I had my daughter when I was 19 and she will be heading to high school next year and my husband's mom passed away from a genetic disorder that we don't know if he has, but he could pass it on to any kids we may have. I can't see starting all over again and I couldn't knowingly pass something on to my kids that would cause them health problems in their adult lives. It was hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be having more kids because I loved being pregnant and I always wanted to have more kids. It isn't in the cards for me, but Tubs filled a major void and has lessen the pain of that for me. When I saw this new litter or little ones I teased my hubby and told him, "if you can't give me more kids you have to give me more bullies!!!" :hahaha: :laugh::ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do what you need to be happy and fill the void... life is too short.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Ok, EBN enablers anonymous might have been a better thread title. Your not gonna get a bunch of people talking you out of anything I'm thinkin' rofl

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love sneaking peaks at my breeder's website too to see if there are any new arrivals. I know FOR SURE i'm not getting a 3rd bulldog (right now), so i'm "safe" when i get on her site...it's strictly "window shopping" in my case!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have to stay away... Otherwise I would want them all!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Hi My Name is Laurie and I have a problem or addiction. Im addicted to bullies.Seriously we are all enablers. But do what makes you happy. They are like potato chips cant have just one.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
I was going on my breeders website just to check things out and I saw a new litter of cutie pies!!!!! I fell in love with one of them! A little background....my husband and I have talked about having more kids, but I had my daughter when I was 19 and she will be heading to high school next year and my husband's mom passed away from a genetic disorder that we don't know if he has, but he could pass it on to any kids we may have. I can't see starting all over again and I couldn't knowingly pass something on to my kids that would cause them health problems in their adult lives. It was hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be having more kids because I loved being pregnant and I always wanted to have more kids. It isn't in the cards for me, but Tubs filled a major void and has lessen the pain of that for me. When I saw this new litter or little ones I teased my hubby and told him, "if you can't give me more kids you have to give me more bullies!!!" :hahaha: :laugh::ROFL:

This is how I ended up with Jack. I've always wanted 3 kids but we struggled to get pregnant and ended up doing IVF. When my youngest daughter was born, we found out she has a rare genetic disorder that either leaves males severely disabled or its fatal...no inbetween. Luckily my daughter ended up being a girl and is only minimally affected though she did spend alot of time in the nicu. But this killed our dreams for anymore kids. So when those familiar pings of motherhood started kicking in, my husband got me Jack. I've been so busy with him I've forgotten about having anymore human kids. I can see adding another four-legged kid in a year or two. Lets just hope I don't end up being the Duggar mom of bulldogs!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Well go for it. I wanted another fur baby but... i'm getting a skin baby instead . You get what God gives you I guess. However I would be willing to trade the newborn phase for the puppy phase any day. Just something to think about.:p
[MENTION=3213]FourPetes[/MENTION] I think they call that hording

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
This is how I ended up with Jack. I've always wanted 3 kids but we struggled to get pregnant and ended up doing IVF. When my youngest daughter was born, we found out she has a rare genetic disorder that either leaves males severely disabled or its fatal...no inbetween. Luckily my daughter ended up being a girl and is only minimally affected though she did spend alot of time in the nicu. But this killed our dreams for anymore kids. So when those familiar pings of motherhood started kicking in, my husband got me Jack. I've been so busy with him I've forgotten about having anymore human kids. I can see adding another four-legged kid in a year or two. Lets just hope I don't end up being the Duggar mom of bulldogs!

I had the opposite situation and I think it runs in my family....you sneeze on us and we get pregnant! My husband and I actually went to school together, he graduated a year before me, with my brother and he was actually friends with my brother, but we never met until we crossed paths 4 years ago. I keep telling him it was probably what was meant to be because we would probably have 6 kids by now! He actually has a son from another relationship, but when he realized what was going on with him mom and the fact that his ex is psycho he didn't want to put anymore kids through any of that, so he got neutered :hahaha:...to put it in bully terms, right after his son was born! I love your comment about the Duggars.....I can totally visualize that!!!

[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION].....I would love to have the newborn stage! I don't think anything could be worse than what I went through with my daughter. She never slept! She had her days and nights mixed up for the first 3 months, when we brought her home from the hospital she only took 1 20min nap a day and wouldn't go to bed until 12:00am. I ended up taking her naps away at 10 months old because I was killing myself at nap time and bed time! I would also trade these preteen years for newborn stage any day! Man, girls are tough!!!!!!!! :whew:

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Well go for it. I wanted another fur baby but... i'm getting a skin baby instead . You get what God gives you I guess. However I would be willing to trade the newborn phase for the puppy phase any day. Just something to think about.:p
@FourPetes I think they call that hording

Its a good think I can't afford a hoard of bulldogs! I'm still trying to decide which is tougher, newborn phase or puppy phase. Right now I have a toddler and the terrible 2s are definitely bad. Especially because I can't crate her!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Right now I have a toddler and the terrible 2s are definitely bad. Especially because I can't crate her!

You can't crate kids over here!!!???!!! Damn.......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online