Poor Pepper was depressed when I was sick as a dog

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I haven't been around much lately just some stuff on FB as I have been laid out out like plague victim with some virus I picked up this past weekend.:blah: It had me wishing I was dead I tell ya and the BOSS was just moments away from taking me to the ER despite my weak whinny protests :barf:. This bug had me laid out for well on 4 days, so weak I could barely make it to the can and even water was too much to keep down. Pepper was beside herself with grieve , the poor whammul:cry:. She could not play with dad. NO BUTT SCRATCHES, though she was allowed to come in twice to see me. Rest of the time she could not come in and I hardly even heard a peep from her. She was pretty much depressed and heartbroken and from what I heard slept most the time. Poor wee girl, bless her heart. She missed her Da something bad . Just curled up with her teddy .

Of course when I let her in the bedroom yesterday morning when I was finally feeling somewhat more like I was alive she jumped up on the bed and proceeded to hump my leg just to remind me who I actually belonged to.:cursing:

004.jpg

Attachments

• PepPro.jpg
    PepPro.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad your feeling better. Now it's time to make it up to Miss princess Pepper and get her a new outfit or something.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Glad you are feeling better... it is amazing how they can sense you need them.

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks you all. I will take her out for a treat tomorrow.I am just happy as punch I am better I would have hated to miss seeing BB KING this Friday.
This is odd, this morning to help get the weariness from my bones I filled the tub full of hot water as hot as I could take it. Pepper was of course being my shadow ,following me everywhere so I was gonna let her set by the tub while I soaked.
So I climb in , turn on the whirlpool jets and just as I ease back into the tub SHE goes ballistic. You would have thought she felt the bath tub was trying to murder me or something. No way I was going to be able to relax in the tub with the jetstreams easing my aching bones with that Bully sitting there in FULL OCD MODE barking her head off. You know what I,m talking about.
SO, I get my sore butt out of the tub, get Pepper and get her out the bathroom and close the door.
Now its time to relax and boy did I. Turned the jets and whirlpool back on kicked up the music and laid there in total bliss, Bulldog all but forgotten about. I towel off and open the door and Thar she is.... Sitting there with this look of total abject worry. If she had had hands she would have been wringing them. And the tears down her cheeks. POOR THING. I had no choice but to get down and give her a big hug. The dear was so sure that evil bathtub was going to eat me or something she refused to leave the door. I don't get it, she has sen me use the one downstairs many a time.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hahahahaha! Funny story! I am glad to hear you're better, Victor but I would counter that had you let the dog into the room with you, you'd have recovered much faster. ha ha

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
I haven't been around much lately just some stuff on FB as I have been laid out out like plague victim with some virus I picked up this past weekend.:blah: It had me wishing I was dead I tell ya and the BOSS was just moments away from taking me to the ER despite my weak whinny protests :barf:. This bug had me laid out for well on 4 days, so weak I could barely make it to the can and even water was too much to keep down. Pepper was beside herself with grieve , the poor whammul:cry:. She could not play with dad. NO BUTT SCRATCHES, though she was allowed to come in twice to see me. Rest of the time she could not come in and I hardly even heard a peep from her. She was pretty much depressed and heartbroken and from what I heard slept most the time. Poor wee girl, bless her heart. She missed her Da something bad . Just curled up with her teddy .

Of course when I let her in the bedroom yesterday morning when I was finally feeling somewhat more like I was alive she jumped up on the bed and proceeded to hump my leg just to remind me who I actually belonged to.:cursing:

View attachment 12895

I'm glad that you are feeling better! I guess there is no better way to feel loved than to be humped. LOL

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaawww.... she missed her Daddy and then the nasty tub was gonna eat Daddy up!!!

She's gonna have to get some super pampering from you to make up for all that you just put her through!!! :yes:

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
WHat ya mean "for all I just put her through":) I was the one who was sick

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Victor, i just read this. Glad you are feeling better. Whatever you had sounded very nasty. Your sweet Pepper is such a cutie...i love that smooshy face of hers. :luv:

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Cali.
Since yesterday its like everywhere I go thar she be.I assume I,m not ALLOWED to be out of eye sight. And she keeps this look on her mug like this:sit1.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.