Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Pepper was depressed when I was sick as a dog

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Default Poor Pepper was depressed when I was sick as a dog

I haven't been around much lately just some stuff on FB as I have been laid out out like plague victim with some virus I picked up this past weekend. It had me wishing I was dead I tell ya and the BOSS was just moments away from taking me to the ER despite my weak whinny protests . This bug had me laid out for well on 4 days, so weak I could barely make it to the can and even water was too much to keep down. Pepper was beside herself with grieve , the poor whammul. She could not play with dad. NO BUTT SCRATCHES, though she was allowed to come in twice to see me. Rest of the time she could not come in and I hardly even heard a peep from her. She was pretty much depressed and heartbroken and from what I heard slept most the time. Poor wee girl, bless her heart. She missed her Da something bad . Just curled up with her teddy .

Of course when I let her in the bedroom yesterday morning when I was finally feeling somewhat more like I was alive she jumped up on the bed and proceeded to hump my leg just to remind me who I actually belonged to.

-004-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -peppro-jpg  
    Last edited by Victor Y; 10-12-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poor Pepper was depressed when I was sick as a dog

Glad your feeling better. Now it's time to make it up to Miss princess Pepper and get her a new outfit or something.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Sorry you were so sick Victor! ... But nice to have Pepper watching out for you!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad you are feeling better... it is amazing how they can sense you need them.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

I am glad you are feeling better. They know when something isn't right. I agree a treat is a must!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks you all. I will take her out for a treat tomorrow.I am just happy as punch I am better I would have hated to miss seeing BB KING this Friday.
    This is odd, this morning to help get the weariness from my bones I filled the tub full of hot water as hot as I could take it. Pepper was of course being my shadow ,following me everywhere so I was gonna let her set by the tub while I soaked.
    So I climb in , turn on the whirlpool jets and just as I ease back into the tub SHE goes ballistic. You would have thought she felt the bath tub was trying to murder me or something. No way I was going to be able to relax in the tub with the jetstreams easing my aching bones with that Bully sitting there in FULL OCD MODE barking her head off. You know what I,m talking about.
    SO, I get my sore butt out of the tub, get Pepper and get her out the bathroom and close the door.
    Now its time to relax and boy did I. Turned the jets and whirlpool back on kicked up the music and laid there in total bliss, Bulldog all but forgotten about. I towel off and open the door and Thar she is.... Sitting there with this look of total abject worry. If she had had hands she would have been wringing them. And the tears down her cheeks. POOR THING. I had no choice but to get down and give her a big hug. The dear was so sure that evil bathtub was going to eat me or something she refused to leave the door. I don't get it, she has sen me use the one downstairs many a time.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Hahahahaha! Funny story! I am glad to hear you're better, Victor but I would counter that had you let the dog into the room with you, you'd have recovered much faster. ha ha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack-Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Y View Post
    I haven't been around much lately just some stuff on FB as I have been laid out out like plague victim with some virus I picked up this past weekend. It had me wishing I was dead I tell ya and the BOSS was just moments away from taking me to the ER despite my weak whinny protests . This bug had me laid out for well on 4 days, so weak I could barely make it to the can and even water was too much to keep down. Pepper was beside herself with grieve , the poor whammul. She could not play with dad. NO BUTT SCRATCHES, though she was allowed to come in twice to see me. Rest of the time she could not come in and I hardly even heard a peep from her. She was pretty much depressed and heartbroken and from what I heard slept most the time. Poor wee girl, bless her heart. She missed her Da something bad . Just curled up with her teddy .

Of course when I let her in the bedroom yesterday morning when I was finally feeling somewhat more like I was alive she jumped up on the bed and proceeded to hump my leg just to remind me who I actually belonged to.

-004-jpg
    I'm glad that you are feeling better! I guess there is no better way to feel loved than to be humped. LOL

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Aaawww.... she missed her Daddy and then the nasty tub was gonna eat Daddy up!!!

She's gonna have to get some super pampering from you to make up for all that you just put her through!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

WHat ya mean "for all I just put her through" I was the one who was sick

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FourPetes View Post
    I'm glad that you are feeling better! I guess there is no better way to feel loved than to be humped. LOL
    LOL

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Victor, i just read this. Glad you are feeling better. Whatever you had sounded very nasty. Your sweet Pepper is such a cutie...i love that smooshy face of hers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads