wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness continues to have bumps and scabs on his back and I have tried multiple medications and shampoos to no avail. I am going to try and switch from fromm salmon to fromm pork and applesauce and add grizzly salmon oil. Anyone had any experience with the pork and applesauce??

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Poor baby. No experience with fromm sorry but I bet someone here uses it. Hope you get this cleared up soon.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Bruno had bumps and scabs on his back also Little patches of hair would fall off. I thought it was food related, but he had an infection. The vet gave him a shot. When he got better and I switched him over to Raw over a year ago. He has improved. No stink, no bumps and no tear stains.
Have you taken him to the vet??

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION] yea he has been to the vet twice and vet said he thought he had infection and we have tried two different meds...clavamox worked the best but quickly bumps and some hair loss came back

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes, I'm in the process of taking my American bulldog off the Fromm Pork and also in the process of taking my 4 off fromm beef. Our new food came today. NVI salmon based, no grain no potato. If I have any problems after this.........I pull out my hair. I really would like to have all 5 on the same thing. We shall see.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake is making the exact same change as Sherry. Off Fromm beef fritatta and on to NVI salmon. He gets little tiny bumps also. What works for me is I take mal-o-ket wipes and saturate the bumps..luckily this has been working. Most of the time the bumps are totally hidden under his fur..no bald spots. Once in awhile a teeny scab will come off with hair attached..I just try and stay on top of the bumps as best I can. I don't know what the cause is..I might never know..I'm just hoping my little ritual keeps working. I'm sorry I can't help more..cuz me loves me some Guinness! :hug:

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] I wanted to try another fromm 4 star series as he has been on fromm since we brought him home @ 8 weeks. Also, didn't want to start a grain free food if he didn't have a grain allergy. So hopefully new food and salmon oil and fixes, if not back to the drawing board. sometimes i wish it was easy as buying huge generic bag from bj's wholesale or sams club lol

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Sherry I wanted to try another fromm 4 star series as he has been on fromm since we brought him home @ 8 weeks. Also, didn't want to start a grain free food if he didn't have a grain allergy. So hopefully new food and salmon oil and fixes, if not back to the drawing board. sometimes i wish it was easy as buying huge generic bag from bj's wholesale or sams club lol

I absolutely hear you loud and clear. I went from worrying about tear stains to yeasty folds and feet, I believe this is a terrible year for allergies.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] thankfully any type of yeast has stayed away from guinness, just tons of gunk under that little rope nose of his. a lof of people i have talked to with different types of dogs say their allergies kicked up more or they formed allergies (the dogs that is)...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know..I just received an email from my vet..talking about how Jake is maturing (11 months) and this next 6 months to a year will be when ANY genetic health problems will start to show up..from allergies to the much more serious hip dysplaysia and etc. She also stated that dogs of ALL breeds were suffering from environmental allergies right now. Maybe some solace to you. It's a tough thing to figure out.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] Bruno got a shot of Convenia...This one shot lasts 2 weeks. He said if he didnt improve and the bumps did not go away he would get another, but one was all that was needed. He still gets one every so often but nothing like he got before.

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Will be bringing a new Bulldog puppy home December 4th (Yay!). Have been investigating foods and found that Fromm 4* advertises that it is an all-life stages food. Has anyone had experience feeding 4* to a puppy? Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is advisable? the LPS near me doesn't carry Fromm Puppy otherwise I would consider using that instead. Thanks in advance.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
there are people on here who have used fromm 4 since puppy to adult...if you want to order fromm puppy go to petflow.com, they are also a company that works with EBN and many many other members on this site including myself. I had Guinness on puppy gold by Fromm and he did awesome on it with no skin issues or problems with tear stains

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
@ charles yin also congrats on the new puppy. you have found the BEST site for info on bullies and there are some tremendous people on this site.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Will be bringing a new Bulldog puppy home December 4th (Yay!). Have been investigating foods and found that Fromm 4* advertises that it is an all-life stages food. Has anyone had experience feeding 4* to a puppy? Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is advisable? the LPS near me doesn't carry Fromm Puppy otherwise I would consider using that instead. Thanks in advance.
Hi Charles! Welcome to the site! I fed an All Life Stages to Jake..when he came home he was on Iams puppy..:eek:.. I did a slow switch to natural balance ultra classic formula..then at about 6 months I switched him to Fromm..1st suf n turf..then beef frittata...my vet recommends an all stages food..she is of the belief bulldog puppies don't need to grow too much too fast..slow and steady! He has done great. You should check out petflow..they have every food available and at better prices than your stores. You can get free delivery for life too! With a $49 order enter EBN..I think..in the promotion box..delivery is usually 3-5 days..there is a link here..you might want to post an introductory thread and ask your question..will get lots of great advice! Congrats on your pup!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.