Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fromm pork and applesauce

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fromm pork and applesauce

there are people on here who have used fromm 4 since puppy to adult...if you want to order fromm puppy go to petflow.com, they are also a company that works with EBN and many many other members on this site including myself. I had Guinness on puppy gold by Fromm and he did awesome on it with no skin issues or problems with tear stains

Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

@ charles yin also congrats on the new puppy. you have found the BEST site for info on bullies and there are some tremendous people on this site.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Yin View Post
    Will be bringing a new Bulldog puppy home December 4th (Yay!). Have been investigating foods and found that Fromm 4* advertises that it is an all-life stages food. Has anyone had experience feeding 4* to a puppy? Does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not this is advisable? the LPS near me doesn't carry Fromm Puppy otherwise I would consider using that instead. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Charles! Welcome to the site! I fed an All Life Stages to Jake..when he came home he was on Iams puppy.... I did a slow switch to natural balance ultra classic formula..then at about 6 months I switched him to Fromm..1st suf n turf..then beef frittata...my vet recommends an all stages food..she is of the belief bulldog puppies don't need to grow too much too fast..slow and steady! He has done great. You should check out petflow..they have every food available and at better prices than your stores. You can get free delivery for life too! With a $49 order enter EBN..I think..in the promotion box..delivery is usually 3-5 days..there is a link here..you might want to post an introductory thread and ask your question..will get lots of great advice! Congrats on your pup!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yes this food thing is grrrr. one thing that helped sarahs bumps when she had them was to was her in chloraseb shampoo which is basically malaket minus the acid part. then i changed her food also in there and they went away never to return as of yet. but yes it has been an absolute awful year for allergies. sarah has had multiple ear infections and thank goodness for the vet drops so i did not have to take her in everytime. i have no experience with fromm but i seem to recall a few using the pork one and not much success but that doesnt mean you wont have good results.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    Guinness continues to have bumps and scabs on his back and I have tried multiple medications and shampoos to no avail. I am going to try and switch from fromm salmon to fromm pork and applesauce and add grizzly salmon oil. Anyone had any experience with the pork and applesauce??

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    We are currently having a big issue as-well with bumps that feel like pimples under his coat but when they heal they end up scabbing.. I was under the impression that it may be allergies I'm actually leaning toward the possibly that he may be allergic to my parents cats.. do you think yours is food related?
    "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself".- Josh Billings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

@Dieselbaby I am not sure to be honest..he nvr had any issues with his skin while on puppy gold first 10 months of life...switched to salmon a la veg and three weeks later the bumps start, so leaning towards food issue. in process of switching to beef fritatta. My vet however diagnosed him a skin infection but meds aren't working and skin scrape did not reveal mange

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Chaos has had the same issue. What meds was he on? At first Chaos was on Simplicef and a medicated shampoo for 10 days ....no results, then on cephalexin and a yeast pill for infection and baths, a itsy bit better but he would still break out more....another 14 days on cephalexin and yeast pill and baths and it finally looks alot better! Sometimes it takes alot of meds to kick it. Sounds very similar to what Chaos had, vet just said skin infection or irritation...his was mainly on his tummy chest and legs
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Can't remember the name of the 1st med but was also on mediated shampoo for tens days and then 2nd rd of meds was clavamox and also mediated shampoo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads