Under Bite????

mersc726

Sep 10, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jud
So I have heard that a bulldogs under bite should not exspose its teeth. I understnad that all bulldogs are born with an under bite, but is it truth that it is not healthy if its teeth are showing????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I ever heard of it, but I hope not... my boy has an exposed under-bite. I could see it possibly causing some dental decay or tartar on those teeth, but nothing more.

OP
mersc726

mersc726

Sep 10, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jud
Ok good....my vet was telling me that my puppy has a good mouth because his teeth are not exposed, but his under bite is getting bigger the older he gets.... I am going in tomorrow to get his vac. updated. I will ask her why she says it is not good for them to be exposed and post back:-)

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I haven't heard that either. I did read that the 'show' look for the bulldog should not have his teeth exposed. Well, I guess Bubba won't be doing any shows! ha ha! let me know what you find out. Maybe it's just because their tongue and gums dry out sometimes by hanging out in the air? lol

brandi576

Jun 27, 2011
Seymour, Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
chance
i have yet to see a bulldog that doesnt have thier teeth exposed when they get older...guess chance isnt show quality either..lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I am not aware of any health implications with the teeth showing. I love how bullys show their toothy smiles tho.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I've never once seen one without exposed teeth, lol! Delilah has hers in her mouth sometimes but most of the time she sticks those bottom ones out..

It adds character! :p

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My favorite part of puppyhood is when that big bulldog jaw starts growing and the bottom jaw starts sliding forward. That awkward "in between" stage is so cute. I treasure every moment watching them grow up ... It happens far too fast though. *sigh*

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Bulldogs as stated for "show" should not have exposed teeth. My vet and Breeder also agreed when I asked the question a while back.
Bruno does not have exposed teeth or an exaggerated underbite. I personally like the clean no toofies look. :)
bbOUXkIf

tWL0kEov

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hehe Samson didn't have exposed teeth either when he was a pup and the older he got the bigger he got. Personally this is one of the features of a bulldog I have loved since I was a kid haha . Not sure about dental issues, I hope not !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.