how much for getting your puppy neuter ?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
i just want to know how much did you guys paid to neuter your dog ? the vet gave me an estimate from 450 to 650 is it to expensive ? and how much do you usually pay for taking your dog to the vet ? just for the general check not for shot or medications just for taking him? the vet where i take him charged me 85 the fisrt time just for the general 85 without shots and medication the rest of the time if you are a costumer already you have to paid 55 just for retuning.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake was just neutered AND had an umbilical hernia repaired. He also was microchipped at the same time. His total bill was $375.. So your quote seems expensive. If his testicles haven't dropped..it is more expensive. Now as far as regular vet bills..I pay $45 for normal visits. So far, any follow up visits have been no charge..but in fairness..his ONLY followup was relayed to his neuter. Every area of the country seems to generate different prices. You might be wise to compare other vets in your area..and Jorge..it's very important whoever you choose has great experience with bulldogs and anesthesia!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, since both rascals will be neutered tomorrow, I can tell you that the estimate I was given for each neuter was $300. This does not include meds however. For a regular office visit, my vet charges $50.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I would say that depends on what that includes ... Meds and/or pre-op bloodwork? The actual neuter and meds cost me about $350-400 but the pre-op bloodwork was also about another $100. It could include a collar, etc too and I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], probably more expensive if his testicles haven't dropped. My vet also cut me a break because we had a failed attempt on our first try at neutering.

My thinking is this: "you get what you pay for". I've always agreed with this and think it definitely applies to the care of our babies as well. You don't want to spend less and end up with someone not experienced enough in bulldogs. Just make sure they have the experience to back up what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea got the "Puppy Pack" which included everything; all shots, all visits, microchipping, bloodwork, fecal exam, etc. etc. and it was about $450 - including the meds for after the spay. And the spay was included, of course. The cool thing about the puppy pack program too is that you don't have to pay for it all at once if you don't want to. Since you're going in for a variety of things and over a number of visits, you can "pay as you go"; which is nice. My vet is awesome and you know just how awesome they are when you are faced with a horrible diagnosis and treatment plan - as I did with my Mable (heart failure diagnosis).

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Ours charges about 165 for spay or neuter. Not too bad.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola was just spayed and microchipped in August. $275 including meds and followup. They even clipped her nails while she was under :D Our vet also does the puppy plan, and we paid as we went along. Great program.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jorge dude I think that vet is assaulting you without the gun.....
Call other vets and get a few estimates..
Im not saying go with the cheapest.. But do call a few and if you see that the $450-$650 quote is
much more that all the others, than you'll have your answer....

Let us know what you come up with..
I too will have to get Jack neutered after the new year..

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i think i paid 165...my boyfriend paid about 200...give or take...mine had 1 testicle that did not drop....we got an estimate for 1 place that was 750 to 800 bucks...i about puked...they wanted to charge for the most ridiculous things....this place was top of the line they brought in like 5 people to do the surgery....and they did a lot of unnecessary things....i paid the 165 and he did great

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Ok just for $hits N Giggles, moments ago I called the Vet that had operated on Jack's stomach obtruction.

They charge depending on the Dog's weight.
Up to 50 lbs. they charge $190. And over 50 lbs. it would be $260.

Jack is about 45 lbs now so I told the lady I was gonna keep him on a strict diet to make sure I get the $190 charge! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.