Brooke acting weird...

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Yesterday we went my boyfriend's parents to winterize our jet ski. Brooke came with us and ran around the yard like a maniac, as usual, for hours. Then all of a sudden she started throwing up ALL over. At least 15 times all over the yard. It was chaos, chasing her to stop her from re-ingesting it, and stop their two labs from doing the same. Poor baby, so I put her on her leash and put the boys inside. Gave her some water and she seemed fine, exhausted but fine. She ate fine last night and this morning. But the while we were getting ready for work this morning I noticed she wasn't right under my feet as usual, "Uh oh.." My boyfriend was upstairs in the bathroom so I figured she was with him, nope, I found her just sitting in her crate in our bedroom. This is NOT normal for her. She only gets crated at night and until recently it was a battle to get her in there. Within the last two weeks she has gotten into routine and will walk right in but only at night, otherwise when she's in our room (while we're in there) shes on our bed playing with the comforter. I was like "Oh no...what did she do..." I looked everywhere, for an accident, something chewed up, anything, but found nothing... Which makes me more worried. If she had peed on the carpet or something and felt guilty that would explain the sitting in the crate, but not finding anything now I'm just worried...

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Eventually they will think of their crate as a safe resting place, so perhaps that's what has happened. However, I'd watch her carefully because perhaps her tummy is still not quite right. (could she have eaten something before the throwing up happened?) What you have described is not quite enough to warrant a vet run, but enough to watch carefully IMO.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If she was running around heavily for hours as you say, was she drinking water during that time? What did the vomit look like?

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
yes she went inside a few times to get some water in between running around. and the vomit at first was (hopefully you have not just eaten or plan to eat soon) foamy/mucusy but then was her breakfast from 5 hours before as she continued. she could have eaten some grass or something that didn't agree with her, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the vomit.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Foamy/mucusy can sometimes be from overheating, but since her breakfast came up -- seems like she ate something that upset her tummy. Keep an eye on her, but she most likely will be fine by dinner time

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The foamy/mucusy is probably from the running around and getting too hot. This can cause a respiratory issue sometimes, that's why it's good to have lemon juice handy to put in their mouth to desolve the mucous, if it gets so bad they are having trouble breathing. She may have eaten something in the yard that did not agree with her, I would just watch her, hopefully she will be better this afternoon.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Is it weird that the words "vomit" and "foamy" and "mucusy" don't bother me at all? I mean really. Describe bulldog anything and I'm good with it. You causally mention anything vomit related to my daughter and she's running, screaming out the door. ha ha

[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] - Hope your baby is feeling better today!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How is Brooke this morning?

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
perfectly fine. we had a bunch of people over last night (my parents, boyfriends parents, boyfriends brother and girlfriend) and she ran around all crazy and excited. Plus her antlers came in the mail and she was loving that. But she is eating and pooping normally and no more vomiting so I guess she just got too worked up the other day. And it must have been like you said, that she is starting to like her crate now.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great to hear she was back to herself..... they sure do love to keep us on our toes

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
And it must have been like you said, that she is starting to like her crate now.

Wonderful news! Bea and Bo both use their crates for a respite from the goings on around here. Most of the time, they're at my feet, wherever I happen to be, but if I am not here, they're in those crates - sometimes together in one, sometimes not. This morning, they got up, peed and pooped and went back into the OTHER'S crate. ha ha

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
that's so funny. I didn't plan on using the crate forever, just until we get Molly home and settled, but if they like them then I guess they will stay. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im glad your baby is ok..... and speaking of Molly,,,, do you have a date yet for her arrival???

OP
Sarah

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
They are sending her the 17th. I emailed the transport company and they said that they are usually in CT by Wednesday but cannot promise a date or time this far out. But hopefully the 19th!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.