Dog chew...antlers?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my dogs love them and I order mine from carolinapetpantry.com. I order the x-large and get one for $19.99

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
A lot of people here have had great experiences with the deer antlers. My boys enjoy theirs; i'm going to need to get another one since they sort of "share" the one antler i bought for Tate before Finn came along. I got mine at this website called Carolina Pet Pantry. There's a link here on EBN if you click above under "Articles" then click the "sponsors and shopping", you'll see Carolina Pet Pantry. I don't know if Petsmart or Petco carry antlers, i've never checked there.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Deer antlers are AWESOME. I highly recommend them. They're a bit pricy but they last forever. Delilah chews on hers daily and they last between 3 and 4 months.

The Petco and Petsmart in my area don't sell them. I get mine at a small locally owned store for $14. If you have a Petland near you, they sell them..the closest one to me is 45 min away though so I don't go there. You can also order them online.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH LOVES hers. They have vitamins in them that are actually good for them too. I just saw where the Chicago EB rescue has them. They also have something else I'm considering trying called a Himalayan dog chew made with yak and cow milk dried to a very hard cheese. They are recommending them highly on the web sight. You can check it out at shopcebr.com

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] the cow milk and cheesy stuff is good for them?? That kind of surprises me..dogs are lactose intolerant.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] well I'm lactose intolerant too, but have no trouble with cheese, yogurt and sour cream. Give me a glass of milk though and I'm in pain for hours. So maybe it's that way for dogs too? I don't know. We give HRH Greek yogurt with her breakfast every morning.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I'm extremely lactose intolerant..I can't handle any dairy unless I take a bunch of lactose digesting enzymes. Milk makes me the worst. Yogurt is the easiest for me to handle.

I guess I was thinking since I have so much of a problem with my lactose intolerance that it would be the same for the dogs.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We give HRH Greek yogurt with her breakfast every morning.

Here too - although, not greek - just plain, unflavored. It's the quickest, easiest way to get a pill down Miss Bea - "who will NOT BE TRICKED by your silly Pill Pockets, you dumb human." (I know that's what she's thinking) hahahahahahahaha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have always got the antlers from carolinapetpantry too ..... just one word of warning. Our dogs have a bad habit of carrying them outside and if they are left out overnight they disappear!!!

Obviously the antlers are a favorite to other animals and not just bullys!!! :nope:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I got mine via Carolina Pet Pantry on the EBN auction. All the dogs love it, on my Christmas list since one isn't enough around here.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
My bullies love antlers. Carolina Pet Pantry is a great place to get them. They have great prices and ship for free! Its also nice to support companies who love bullies as much as we do...this is certainly the case with CPP!

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
I had the same question. Came here, everybody said good things. I figured i'd get one eventually. Then I actually found one and it's probably my favorite thing ive ever bought for buster. I love it and from the looks of it, so does he. He'll chew on it for hours. Petco is no help, they looked at me like i was a weirdo. I went to a random almost pet store outlet type place and they had them in all shapes and sizes. I got a buster a great one for like 8 bucks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
HRH LOVES hers. They have vitamins in them that are actually good for them too. I just saw where the Chicago EB rescue has them. They also have something else I'm considering trying called a Himalayan dog chew made with yak and cow milk dried to a very hard cheese. They are recommending them highly on the web sight. You can check it out at shopcebr.com
We've tried the Himilayan dog chew..loved them and no ill effects! We can get from a small local pet store!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.