Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is wrong with Chucky's testicles?

Bulldog(s) Names
    chucky
    Likes (Received)

Default what is wrong with Chucky's testicles?

at what time should a bulldog puppy testicles drop?? chucky is 5 months old and his testicles havent come out at all...the vet told me that if they dont come out they would have to neuter him and i really dont want him to get neuter ...so in your experiences at what age did your puppy's testicles came out?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what is wrong with Chucky's testicles?

Well..there is plenty of time for them to drop..but it is true..IF they don't drop..he should be neutered. It is very unhealthy and often leads to cancer. Why don't you want to neuter him..may I ask? It certainly wouldn't be worth risking his well being..in my opinion

They can take up to 8 or 9 months sometimes..sometimes one will drop and the other won't...varies with each pup
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 10-08-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

Ahhhh they generally drop before by like 7 or 8 weeks or something like that...but my one bullies they gave till six months...one dropped the other didn't....when he got snipped they said it was very important for the undescended one to come out it can cause cancer

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

One of my FAVORITE all time episodes of The Dog Whisperer is a cute little ditty called "Mr. President Gets Neutered". Not only is Mr. President one of the cutest English Bulldog puppies EVER, but many facts and misconceptions about neutering are discussed. Worth a watch!

Real Name
    Denize
    Bulldog(s) Names
    walter
    Likes (Received)

My walter is 11 months old and the vet has been checking him every few months and his testicals are no where to be found, thay are going to do a x-ray when he is 12 months old and we will take it from there, what ever we have to do to keep him healthy we will do,its only fair on Walter

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by deegary View Post
    My walter is 11 months old and the vet has been checking him every few months and his testicals are no where to be found, thay are going to do a x-ray when he is 12 months old and we will take it from there, what ever we have to do to keep him healthy we will do,its only fair on Walter
    Wow! I had no idea this testicle thing was so common. Is this more common with specific breeds?

Real Name
    Denize
    Bulldog(s) Names
    walter
    Likes (Received)

I dont really know, its some thing to do with the mother and father its passed on through them,its not something the dog is just born with, it has to come through his parents, i was telling the breader we bought Walter from, andshe was very upset about it, she had the bitch, and the father was from a cruffs dog show breeder, but thay did not want to now about it, because thay are obliged to pay walters vet bills if that is the case with his testicals we told them its nothing to do with money, we wanted a son or a daughter off Walter just to let him mate once was all we wanted, but that cant be now, so we just want to do what is best for W alter

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

I'm curious too why you don't want to neuter him ... I was kinda "whatever" on the whole neuter thing when we got Chunk (he was two and not neutered) and now I wish he had been neutered as a puppy. He has a prostate issue that could very possibly have been avoided by being neutered at a younger age. So now we neutered him but it's a lot more work as an adult dog. More risks of infection, etc. Just something to think about!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog(s) Names
    chucky
    Likes (Received)

I don't want yo get him neuter him Because in the future I would love to have a son from him ....I don't want to make money with him all I want is when he passes out my next bullie would be his son ....and another reason is Because bulldogs are already really chunky and if he gets neuter he well get even more chunky ...the fact that they ate fat is a problem for they health so once he gets neuter they will get more fat....I make chucky exercise a lot just in case

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Rodriguez View Post
    I don't want yo get him neuter him Because in the future I would love to have a son from him ....I don't want to make money with him all I want is when he passes out my next bullie would be his son ....and another reason is Because bulldogs are already really chunky and if he gets neuter he well get even more chunky ...the fact that they ate fat is a problem for they health so once he gets neuter they will get more fat....I make chucky exercise a lot just in case
    WRONG!! Jorge...being neutered does NOT cause weight gain! Jake was neutered a month or so ago..weighs exactly the same...@Vicaroo1000.. We had a stray dog my hubby brought home who was not neutered..we never really knew his age..vet estimated 8 years old...he only had one testicle and when we neutered him our vet said it's really not unusual in all males...he was a real mixture of breeds!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree with @JAKEISGREAT neutering your dog does not make them gain weight. The weight gain comes from them getting older and less active, that's when you reduce their food intake. If you are not using them for breeding, they should be neutered for health reasons. That goes for females too.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

snipping does not cause weight gain....my bullies are both perfect weight for their size...65 and 70 pounds...and bullies aren't fat they are pure muscle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads