what is wrong with Chucky's testicles?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
yeah I think it is more usually that you spay/neuter a dog when it is an active little puppy and as it gets older it mellows out and gains weight due to no longer having that puppy energy, not because they no longer have reproductive organs.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I agree with everyone else. Tubs was 5 months old when we got him neutered. We didn't have a problem with his testicles dropping. I have to look up how much he weighed when he was that young, but he is going to be 1 next Sunday and the last time he was at the vet he weighed 63.6 lbs. He gained weight because he/was still a puppy and continues to grow. He was very Wrinkly when he was little, but he filled out a lot if body wrinkles. I also wanted to breed Tubs because he is such a wonderful dog, but then I got to thinking, 1- there are so many dogs in shelters who are looking for homes, and if I breed him that will take away from their chances of getting adopted, 2-health. I love this little guy so much that I wanted to make the best choices to keep him healthy. My parent's have a 13 year old lab who they didn't get fixed and when she was 7 they almost lost her because she got a massive infection in her uterus. I now exactly what you are thinking and feeling about with a new puppy when our current bullies pass on, but I think you need to do what is best to keep your current bully healthy now and not worry about what is going to happen when he passes on because no matter what there isn't going to be another dog that is going to be chunky even if he is his son. No matter where your next puppy come ps from they will have their own personality and you will love the. Just as much!

Last edited:

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
@Jorge Rodriguez Sorry to say, but your grandfather's information is incorrect. It might be true for some animals, but not true for most. In fact, I've only seen it happen to one or two animals and that's just because they were lazy to begin with.

Neutering will not affect their weight as long as you still feed him the correct amount and he gets his exercise.

Take my bulldog for example. She's spayed and weighs 40 lbs and is incredibly fit..just look at my avatar.
I really agree with what you have said, and no matter what if we love our bullies we want what is best for them in years to come

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
ok so how much would be to get him neuter ? his vet gave me an approximation and its between 450 to 650 is it really that expensive or they are charging me too much? i mean everytime i got they charge me 55 just for checking him plus all the rest of the stuff those 55 is the fee i have to pay to take him there nothing else the first time was 85 then every time i go i have to pay 55 and the rest like shots or any medication.... how much do you usually pay for taking your dog to the vet i mean without the shots ans stuff like that just to take him and how much did you paid for neuter him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That sounds really high for a neuter.... age and weight do play a factor in pricing, but that is if they are older dogs, not puppies. I thnk, we pid around 150 for Nitschke to get his done. As for the regualr visit, just to walk in the door it is 50.00 and follow-up appts. are either no charge or 35.00 - depends on what it is for. We atually never been charged, but the paperwork states that on the wall in the office.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That's high for a neuter. Certain vets will charge that much. I worked for one that charged $500 and that's just insane. I spent like $300 on Delilah's spay which I know now was way too much.

Do you have other vets in your area? Call and get price estimates. Or better yet, is there a low cost spay and neuter clinic? There might even be some programs set up.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes sometimes clinic's run specials and you get a coupon for neuter or spay. You are paying way too much Jorge. It cost me to have the girls spayed (and females cost more usually) $175 each and follow ups were free. You can get it done cheaper like I said. sometimes the humane league is giving away gift certificates too. for like $35

Most Reactions

Members online