what is wrong with Chucky's testicles?

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
at what time should a bulldog puppy testicles drop?? chucky is 5 months old and his testicles havent come out at all...the vet told me that if they dont come out they would have to neuter him and i really dont want him to get neuter ...so in your experiences at what age did your puppy's testicles came out?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..there is plenty of time for them to drop..but it is true..IF they don't drop..he should be neutered. It is very unhealthy and often leads to cancer. Why don't you want to neuter him..may I ask? It certainly wouldn't be worth risking his well being..in my opinion

They can take up to 8 or 9 months sometimes..sometimes one will drop and the other won't...varies with each pup

Last edited:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Ahhhh they generally drop before by like 7 or 8 weeks or something like that...but my one bullies they gave till six months...one dropped the other didn't....when he got snipped they said it was very important for the undescended one to come out it can cause cancer

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
One of my FAVORITE all time episodes of The Dog Whisperer is a cute little ditty called "Mr. President Gets Neutered". Not only is Mr. President one of the cutest English Bulldog puppies EVER, but many facts and misconceptions about neutering are discussed. Worth a watch!

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
My walter is 11 months old and the vet has been checking him every few months and his testicals are no where to be found, thay are going to do a x-ray when he is 12 months old and we will take it from there, what ever we have to do to keep him healthy we will do,its only fair on Walter

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My walter is 11 months old and the vet has been checking him every few months and his testicals are no where to be found, thay are going to do a x-ray when he is 12 months old and we will take it from there, what ever we have to do to keep him healthy we will do,its only fair on Walter

Wow! I had no idea this testicle thing was so common. Is this more common with specific breeds?

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
I dont really know, its some thing to do with the mother and father its passed on through them,its not something the dog is just born with, it has to come through his parents, i was telling the breader we bought Walter from, andshe was very upset about it, she had the bitch, and the father was from a cruffs dog show breeder, but thay did not want to now about it, because thay are obliged to pay walters vet bills if that is the case with his testicals we told them its nothing to do with money, we wanted a son or a daughter off Walter just to let him mate once was all we wanted, but that cant be now, so we just want to do what is best for W alter

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm curious too why you don't want to neuter him ... I was kinda "whatever" on the whole neuter thing when we got Chunk (he was two and not neutered) and now I wish he had been neutered as a puppy. He has a prostate issue that could very possibly have been avoided by being neutered at a younger age. So now we neutered him but it's a lot more work as an adult dog. More risks of infection, etc. Just something to think about!

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
I don't want yo get him neuter him Because in the future I would love to have a son from him ....I don't want to make money with him all I want is when he passes out my next bullie would be his son ....and another reason is Because bulldogs are already really chunky and if he gets neuter he well get even more chunky ...the fact that they ate fat is a problem for they health so once he gets neuter they will get more fat....I make chucky exercise a lot just in case

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't want yo get him neuter him Because in the future I would love to have a son from him ....I don't want to make money with him all I want is when he passes out my next bullie would be his son ....and another reason is Because bulldogs are already really chunky and if he gets neuter he well get even more chunky ...the fact that they ate fat is a problem for they health so once he gets neuter they will get more fat....I make chucky exercise a lot just in case
WRONG!! Jorge...being neutered does NOT cause weight gain! Jake was neutered a month or so ago..weighs exactly the same...[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION].. We had a stray dog my hubby brought home who was not neutered..we never really knew his age..vet estimated 8 years old...he only had one testicle and when we neutered him our vet said it's really not unusual in all males...he was a real mixture of breeds!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] neutering your dog does not make them gain weight. The weight gain comes from them getting older and less active, that's when you reduce their food intake. If you are not using them for breeding, they should be neutered for health reasons. That goes for females too. :)

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
snipping does not cause weight gain....my bullies are both perfect weight for their size...65 and 70 pounds...and bullies aren't fat they are pure muscle

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Testicles can take awhile to drop, just depends on the dog. 1 year is really the max. If they don't come out by then, you really should get him neutered as it can be cancerous.

The condition is actually called cryptorchidism...commonly known as "crypto." I dealt with it a lot when I was working at a vet's office. It's more common than you might think.

Bulldogs are one of the breeds known to getting it. The most popular breeds to develop crypto are Toy and Miniature Poodles, Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, Malteses, Cairn and Yorkshire Terriers, Dachshunds, Schnauzers, Shetland Sheep dogs, Pekingeses and Bulldogs.

There are lots of complications with crypto if left untreated.
1.) Testicular Torsion
2.) Testicular Cancer
3.) Male feminizing syndrome
4.) Bone marrow hypoplasia pancytopenia (estrogen toxicity)

A lot of times with dogs with crypto, you can feel on the inner legs and actually find the testicles. That makes for the easiest surgery in removing them. They can also get loose and float around in the abdominal cavity..which can be really dangerous and has an even greater chance of developing into cancer. Those are hard to remove because it's basically explorative surgery.

Here's a picture of what I mean by being able to see / feel it in the inner leg:
cryptorchid-dog.jpg
cryptorchidism-dog-pet.jpg

hope I helped!!!

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
ok so my friend has to cats and they are neuter and they are really big i wont say fat but for a car they are really big and before they were neuter their size was regular but now all day do is sleep....my grandfather has like a lil farm and he has horses and all kind of animals and he has told me like 100 times that when a animal gets neuter their size gets bigger or fat or whatever you want to call it...and i have seen the animals before and after they got neuter in horses and in cats and even in pigs...my grandfather was like "dont get him neuter because he is fat or ( pure muscle) the point is that bulldogs are really heavy for their size that is what makes us love them...well so he was like dont neuter him because he is going to get so much big and when he gets a older he wont even be able to stand up and walk...thats what he said and he really knows about getting animals neuter....and as i said one of the most important reasons is because i want to have a babie from him when he passes on dont want to breed him or make money or anything like that i just love him so much and im 100% sure that when he dies im going to get another bulldog and i would love him to be from Chucky .

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2887]Jorge Rodriguez[/MENTION] Sorry to say, but your grandfather's information is incorrect. It might be true for some animals, but not true for most. In fact, I've only seen it happen to one or two animals and that's just because they were lazy to begin with.

Neutering will not affect their weight as long as you still feed him the correct amount and he gets his exercise.

Take my bulldog for example. She's spayed and weighs 40 lbs and is incredibly fit..just look at my avatar.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.