Poop is in the House

NE Bully

Sep 27, 2011
So Bella is on antibiotics for about 2 weeks now for a myriad of issues from her previous owner. When we first got her about 3 weeks ago, she was great, she peed once the first night on our wood floor but I just assumed it was because she had an all new environment.

However, she has pooped a few times on the kitchen floor over night recently. I am wondering if it is due to her meds, which are supposed to cause diarrhea or if it is a deeper issue. Her poop is rather runny and loose. She is only in the kitchen for about 6 hours a night. I take her out before I goto bed and my wife is up with the baby before 6 every morning.

We got her a crate and she was will sometimes poop in the farthest corner of it, she has some type of crate training because she will run right into it like she knows what it is.

Crate is perfect size for her. If anything, it may be a bit too small, she can easily turn around inside of it, and it is tall enough for her.

It has been quite an experience so far :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I would blame it on the antibiotic for now. It gives Vegas the runs when he is on one, although not in the house. Hhmmm I would not worry about it now until Bella is off the medication.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
*nods in agreement [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] *
Bo had a similar issue once....loose stools and just couldn't hold it in all night. Poor thing! A couple of times, I woke up to him sitting in his oversized crate, looking all sad and bewildered. He's on one end, pasted to the bars and there's a gooshy pile of poo sitting at the other end. Once the health thing resolved itself, he was fine.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, antibiotics are notorious for causing diarrhea/loose stools. Hopefully once Bella's done with her course, her poo habits will get back to normal. These meds can also cause her tummy to feel kind of queasy so maybe you'd want to give her a bland diet for a little while too. And a spoonful of pure pumpkin can help firm up her stools so maybe her urge to just go anywhere will lessen. Hang in there!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep antibiotics will always cause poo issues.. soft and more often

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.