Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
Okay my boyfriend is really bothered by this. We have done some research but still aren't sure what the answer might be. Maybe you fellow bully friends can help. We are wondering if there is a particular type of "way" a English bully's tail should look? I know it's supposed to be short. But my boyfriend thinks that Tank's tail isn't right because it goes to the side... here is a picture of Tanks behind (ignore the sunglasses, my boyfriend thought it'd be funny to make it look like his behind was a face! :laugh:)
087.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bully tails come in all sizes, and curl, pigtail, corkscrew, and even long tails. They can easily point in one direction.

There is a standard for the bully tail, however. But this is only if you plan on showing.

Let me see if I can find the link.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe's is curly and stands up... not within standards, but I don't care because I'm not showing him. I actually consider his tail an upgrade since I don't have to worry about a pocket getting infected.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
IntoThePool.jpgBaby Bea's tail. Much like HRH's! This thread has made me realize I have no pictures of Bo's tail end. (The things I learn here....)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mojo is like HRH, Lola has a straight one that is a little crooked. Roxy has a really short one.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
tail002.jpg

Vegas has about an inch of a flap tail, I love it! Barely has a tail pocket. Much easier to keep clean.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I love waking up to Bully Behinds! seriously, sooooo cute!

Both of mine have the tight cinnamon bun-like tails (corkscrew-ish), and i have to really dig in there to clean them.

Your bf has a sense of humor w/those sunglasses! :yes:

NE Bully

Sep 27, 2011
Bella has a corkscrew with a good size pocket that needs to be cleaned daily.

The sunglasses were sweet!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Dammit... you guys are gonna make me take a picture of Jack's tail aren't ya..

How am I gonna explain this one to the wife...
"I'm taking a picture of his butt cause everyone else is doing it over at EBN"....

"No, its not a pervert website, we just comparing butts and tails"....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is hysterical... everytime I think we can't go deeper in the obsession world, we surprise me.

Nitschke is wavy and points straight down.. little cleaning i needed. banks, in line with er high maintenance personality, has a tight corkscrew and points to the right.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
both Sebastian and Oliver have the corkscrew like BabyGirl and some of the others. Fortunately, I don't have to clean their tail pocket very often. I check it occassionally and just use a quick wipe when checking.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
My walter has a cork-screw tail which is black to rest of his white/brown body, i clean it daily, my fella said, if we unscrew his tail Walter would fly off:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online