cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
On our walk this evening, Tate leaned against a tree and lifted his hind leg to pee. This is a first! Is this another sign of his teen phase? he's almost 9mos old.
He did it again later on but it was a street sign post. It was so interesting to observe this b/c he's my baby and i feel like he's growing up. I got all excited and jumped up and down a little :jump: I know, i'm weird :girlwacko: . Is this what they call "marking" their territory?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:laugh:... Yup you are in puberty now!! Jake gets his leg so high... especially on big boulders when we walk...that he's gotten his leg stuck up on the rock!! Real special when you have to UNHIKE his leg for him!! Congrats to Tate...and let's just hope there isn't a peeing contest in their future!! :eek:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awww, little Tate is growing up! :tongue:, my hubby was so excited when Frank finally started lifting his leg sometimes. I think Frank was closer to a year when he started doing that and still most of the time pees like a girl.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww, little Tate is growing up! :tongue:, my hubby was so excited when Frank finally started lifting his leg sometimes. I think Frank was closer to a year when he started doing that and still most of the time pees like a girl.

Bo too. Still pees like a girl. I love it. I don't want him to grow up.

Congrats Henny! Your baby is growing up!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs still pees like a girl. I don't see him changing. I have heard that if you get them neutered before they lift their leg they may never learn to do that. I am fine with that. I have a friend who's 6 year old golden still squats! Congrats on you exciting achievement.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Aww hes growing up. Mojo still squats and he is almost 10 mos old. But he was neutered way early so he may always squat

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is 2.5 yrs old and ALWAYS has peed like a girl, I have never seen him even attempt to lift a leg. Vegas was neutered young also around 4 months. We adopted him at 4.5 months old.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
My Walter is still pee peeing like a LITTLE GIRL.... he is 11 months.... he stretches his legs really wide and lifts his bum up so hight... its like he doesnt want his pecker to touch the floor:ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Our black lab who is now 4 years old, and Daddy who is 1 year old both squat to pee, and have never attempted to lift a leg!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks all. Tate looked so proud too when he was doing his new leg trick! :) His little brother is still squatting tho and i think Tate likes the fact that he has a "leg up" on Finn!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know..Jake still squats most of the time..unless he goes "Where The Big Dogs Roam"... The best of all is my female Dena..does a combo..she squats AND lifts a hind leg!! :confused:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He's marking his territory. I think I would be a bit surprised if Wilson lifted his leg. Jack even as big as he is still squats which surprises me for him. Wilson did start marking a few weeks back but only outside when we were out on a walk. He started leaving a little piss here and there and now he'll do the same thing in the yard. I don't think they'll do it in the house since we have a doggie door but one never knows - I sure hope not. Our guys are growing up and will a year old before long. :)

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
I'm glad that I don't have boys since it's like girls never grow up and since mine never lifted a leg either hehe!! oh, and by any chance once boys start to lift their leg to pee, any of you who have a boy find it hard to trust them while being in the house? that's why I've never had a inclination to have a boy...or can I be wrong. I've always wanted a boy dog but I think of that and....never mind...a girl...

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad that I don't have boys since it's like girls never grow up and since mine never lifted a leg either hehe!! oh, and by any chance once boys start to lift their leg to pee, any of you who have a boy find it hard to trust them while being in the house? that's why I've never had a inclination to have a boy...or can I be wrong. I've always wanted a boy dog but I think of that and....never mind...a girl...

So far, Tate hasn't been lifting his leg inside the house, but i'm watching out for this b/c i've heard this happens. He still squats when he pees inside (he goes on pee pads), and only lifts his leg outside.

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
So cute! Uly started lifting his leg about a month ago, the day after he did it for the first time he was first lifting his right front leg and then quickly shifting to the rear one... LOL..I guess he was confused :). Now when we go on long walks of the leash he will pee here and there on every bigger bush, but for the most part he squads with his legs more open than usual and making a little attempt to put the right leg up, but not to hard,,if the leg goes up good and if not also good. He looks at me with that face like "hmm I'm not sure what I prefer today" :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online