Did I make a mistake adopting Tyson?

airmike1

Jul 6, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elliott.
I am sorry for Dozer's departure because it sure does hurt when they leave. The name Dozer reminds me of my memories when Winston was around 12 weeks old and flew with me to my parents home. There, he became friends with a 12 week old Golden Retriever. Winston was shorter then her and would bulldoze the retriever off of her paws...it was hilarious.

Regarding Tyson, he still has lots of love to receive from you and your family and to unconditionally provide to you and your family in return. I am glad that he is around a wonderful family instead of being passed around in foster homes. So life is great for him! Embrace and make memories with him, you will not regret it. This is how I will go about it when I eventually adopt, or purchase a bully sometime in the future (I really hope soon).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can only imagine how difficult this all is for you... but, you have done a wonderful thing for you, your family and Tyson. Bulldogs life does tend to be on the shorter end of the scale, but there are exceptions to every rule -- my vet had a female bulldog and she lived to be 14 years old. Enjoy what you have and try not to focus on what MIGHT happen.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
I agree with everybody else it was ment to be, Tyson came into your life for a reason, enjoy every min, go with your heart:luv:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I am very much enjoying my life with Tyson, as I said he is great. If i learned anything from Dozer's passing it is for sure we have no idea how much time any of us have. I make a point every day to do my best for him . I think the reason these words rang so much in my ears is because I want to protect myself and my family from the hurt we have experienced. But I don't regret having Dozer and I don't regret having Tyson, even if Today is my last day with him. SO I will take all of your advice, tell my mom to shove it as politely as possible and continue to enjoy my new friend . [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] Love the advice sounds like something i would say when i'm not being mopey:D

Some pics of A tired happy Ty after our walk today
excuse the hardwoods we are refinishing them
tysonhappy2.jpg

tysonhappy.jpg

tysonhappy3.jpg

Ty at the dog park the other day
tysonpark2.jpg

tysonpark.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My goodness, thanks for the photos! Me see a very jubilant bully! :luv: He's got quite a smile.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] You have a warm heart and a kind soul Jen, that is your gift to the world... you have made a difference in Dozer's and Tyson's world, and many other's we don't know about.

There is nothing more natural than passing on... there can't be new life without it. It's what we do with the time we have, not how long we live, because how long is not necessarily controlled by us. Dozer was lucky to have you, as Tyson is also lucky to have you.

My hope is that your able to see the caring, love and happiness you brought into their lives, and that this knowledge warms your heart and eases your pain when the necessary passing occurs.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION]

Dang it Jen, I thinK you took my advice to heart and done overfed poor Tyson.. He's looking Pudgy now!!
Cut Back Cut Back..!! :ROFL:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Lol He is on the fluffly? side. We are working on it :D

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh I totally understand but I agree with all the others :):):) it was meant to be.. and "Love like you've never been hurt" we can't live on "what if's" .. IF we do we lose.. he is so so handsome and looks happy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a handsome and happy boy, hugs to both of you from the gang. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love the pics... he is a happy pooped boy

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Tyson looks so happy. Now that really counts for something. I'm just the opposite. I worry about me and my hubby living long enough for our fur babies! So we don't plan on getting anymore pets.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well now I'm gonna chime in just a little. If you don't live and love like today is your last, and just worry bout what tomorrow will bring, you could be missing the best day of your life. Make the memory's while you, your family, and he can. You'all are worth it. Shoot, the way the world is going some days, all the doom and gloom could bring anybody down. chin up lady. chug along. This life is like college. Learn from it. You will take these lessons with you and see him on the other side. We will all join hands and skip together. Kiss the kids for me. :luv:

:whew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online