FEELINGS

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Can i just ask am i being silly or just me feeling guilty;Yesterday my fella and i had some bad news, and it upset us both, and made us have afew words with each other, no shouting or anything, just a little heated words round the house, well our Walter went into a sulk, he looked very upset. and stayed out of our way , then he started bringing his toys to us to play with... my fella and i just looked at each other and
started loving walter saying we are sorry fella for shouting[it was nothing to do with Walter or about him]. we both felt like we had upset him, and very guilty, Walter was trying to cheer us up with his toys..... now am i being silly or do you think Walter really felt the upsetment in the house.. by the way we are both fine today and the house is back to normal:whew:

Last edited:

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Sorry to hear you had bad news. Hope everything is okay. I think our bullies definitely pick up on our feelings, that's what makes them so special. I love that Walter was trying to cheer you up, he is such a handsome guy!!!

OP
deegary

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Sorry to hear you had bad news. Hope everything is okay. I think our bullies definitely pick up on our feelings, that's what makes them so special. I love that Walter was trying to cheer you up, he is such a handsome guy!!!
thank you for asking everthing is fine now... Walter is very special , and very loveing

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas and alot on here DO pick up on feelings. I had a spell a few months ago where I was alone in the home, just me and Vegas and I sat on the couch and bawled my eyes out (drama going on) Vegas was right on top of me trying to lick me, and was stuck like glue to my side.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
yes I do believe they do have feeling like this. In fact i read an article yesterday on yahoo news that said scientists now believe animals have a much wider range of emotions than they had previously suspected and it make sense from a biological point of view.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Absolutely. And don't you just feel better when they are trying to comfort you?

My Vegas, VegasR (for red. Kmarino has a VegasB for brindle) tried to comfort me when I received the news of my friends passing. I was literally still on the phone, crying..and he was behind me on the sofa trying to get me to lay down so he could lay on my head.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, completely agree that dogs can be finely tuned to our emotions. When my brother passed away, sometimes I would just collapse on the floor in tears and my dobie Sequoia would be over in an instant and lick my tears and nudge his head under my arm or put his head on my lap. This was also coming from a normally not affectionate dog. Frank also knows when I am feeling blue and will just come over and rest his head on my arm.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They can most definitely pick up on our energy. I think it was great your Walter was bringing you his toys to try and cheer you up. They are such wonderful friends and companions, and that's why I just love them so much. Glad every thing is OK today.

OP
deegary

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
thank you for your kind words, our bullies must be the most understanding, kind hearted, and loveing of all the dog breeds, we all our so blessed to own a bullie.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer, there were some days when I was very, very ill. My Mable never left my side during that time. Not once. She followed me everywhere I went...even if it was in the next room and she slept with me at night. There was one day that was particularly bad and I was so dizzy that I had a hard time walking...she was right there, looking at me, wanting to know if I was OK. I think she'd have carried me if she could have.

107_0783.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He totally knew... dogs are very in tune to our feeling/moods and can sense when things are not right

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I just wanted to say that I agree with what everyone has said about our bullys--they are so compassionate and have a world of love inside their hearts.

OP
deegary

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Iwas crying when i read your story, i really hope things are better for you now, thank you from the bottom of my heart for telling me part of your life

Most Reactions