New Puppy Poop Talk

DozerWA

Sep 3, 2011
Marysville, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hello All,

Dozer has been home for a little over a week. He is 10 weeks old. I just finished switching him from Science Diet Puppy to Fromm Puppy food. The past few days he has had soft serve poops. I am feeding him 1/2 cup 3 times a day. Is this too much? too little? should I wait it out for a while longer or look for a different food? more water or less water? Ugh!

Thanks for the help

russell7wk02.jpg

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
That's an Awesome picture!!!
1/2 3x a day should be fine - Arwen got 3/4 cup 3x a day. She's 4 months now, and I just started feeding 2x a day (started yesterday).

I switched her to Fromm Beef (grain free) at 8 weeks, but she got hives. So I went to the Surf & Turf (grain free) and she loves it, and she does great on it. The 4 Star is a level above the puppy gold nutritional on both the Fromm website and the EBN food ratings page. I think the gold nutri food contains potato, which might be an issue - something to consider.

Arwen free drinks, I don't ration her drinking. I might consider grabbing a small bag of Fromm 4 Star and see how he does. The 4 Star food line is manufactured to be able to switch between proteins without having to slowly convert - giving your Bully a great variety.

Well, that's my
twocents.gif
! :D

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure Buster didn't have very solid poops for a while when we brought him home.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo didn't either - but it was my fault because I switched him too quickly off of the crap food that his former owners had him on. To boot, it was Origin - way way too rich for the bully digestive system. Limited ingredient foods (like Natural Balance Bison / Sweet Potato) is what the rescue uses (where he came from) and we quickly switched. No more soupy poos.

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Hi DozerWA,
Welcome to EBN! This is such a great community, I have learned so much here.
Try mixing 1 teaspoon of canned pumpkin (not pie filling, plain pumpkin) with his food and that should help firm things up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, you have some good advice above, so I am not going to add anything. FROMM is a good food, it's what we feed, and never restrict water. We keep them water down 24-7. your Dozer is a cutie, love the pic of him.

smokey46

Oct 7, 2011
I am new at this. I need advise on becoming a new bulldog family. I have heard horror stories about the breeds but i look on this blog and see what joy and love these dogs are giving. I'm looking to get a pup in january. what should i expect ?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I am new at this. I need advise on becoming a new bulldog family. I have heard horror stories about the breeds but i look on this blog and see what joy and love these dogs are giving. I'm looking to get a pup in january. what should i expect ?

I'd say you're well on your way to becoming an EB expert - because you are HERE! Read, read, read [MENTION=3399]smokey46[/MENTION] and then read some more. Education is the best way to approach such an important decision as a new family member. Welcome, best of luck and be sure to post some pics when/if your new angel comes home!

Suffice to say, if a trouble-free, issue-free, easy-care dog is what you're after, the EB probably isn't the dog for you. And that's OK! Not everyone wants to put that kind of time/attention/money into having a canine companion. There are many, many great mixes at rescue that need homes too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.