cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Do you think it would a good idea or not so good idea to schedule both Tate and Finn's neuter on the same day? I am concerned with the recovery phase and if having two bullys recovering will be too overwhelming for me? i'm a single bully parent. Actually, just writing about this is already making me nervous :scared:. Any input would be mucha appreciated!:D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't see any problem with it, when they first come home usually they just sleep most of the day, then the next day they are themselves, you just have to keep them from playing or jumping. Maybe the vet will give you a break on the price. :p

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Well usually younger dogs bounce back a lot quicker from surgery so I think you are alright there. Also you won't have one healing and the other trying to wrestle. The first day or two may be rough I would try to have to have it done on a friday ( if you don't work weekends)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]! yeah really...a break on the price would be just swell! :)

i do plan to take a day or two off of work for the neuter so i can be home w/them. I'm trying to also figure out where i will get the procedure done...at the clinic their breeder recommended which is about 70miles away, or at their regular vet's office in my town. And how far advance do you schedule neuters for? just like any other appt?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well usually younger dogs bounce back a lot quicker from surgery so I think you are alright there. Also you won't have one healing and the other trying to wrestle. The first day or two may be rough I would try to have to have it done on a friday ( if you don't work weekends)

Fridays--good idea. Then i can take Mon and maybe Tues off just in case.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
When we had Cash done we just called our vet and made an appt. Which clinic to use? Maybe someone it your area can shed some light on that one. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think you should! Then one won't be wild while the other is dopey!! They will be fine..Henny..but I sure know how you feel! I would ask for a discount! I bet you get one..and if you don't ask..you will never know! Remember Jake had problems..BUT not from his neuter..it was the incision to repair his hernia that gave me a scare! The neuter was fine!..:hug:I think Rose City would be a terrific place..that is where Jake was born! They did the AI and delivered his litter. They have a great rep..and I also love my vet...but she's a small place...which I love..and has a very experienced anesthesiologist...lots of bullies there! I wouldn't think you need to go so far away! You live in a great area with some terrific choices!

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], I think it would be better to do both at once, so one is not trying to jump or play while the other is recooping. They both can lay around together and sleep the first day and neither will probably feel like playing to much the next, they can heal together.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I agree with @JAKEISGREAT , I think it would be better to do both at once, so one is not trying to jump or play while the other is recooping. They both can lay around together and sleep the first day and neither will probably feel like playing to much the next, they can heal together.

I also agree that you should go to a vet that has bulldog experience or (like mine) loves the smooshy faced dogs like we do. (My vet has three Pugs) I'll never forget taking my DREAM DOG Mable to her first vet appointment and being basically scolded for having an English Bulldog. And yes. You bet I Yelped about it. Hollywood Hill Animal Hospital - Woodinville, WA :nonono:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd go with both at once.... much easier for all three of you.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oooh, thanks, guys! Now i'm getting excited! (well, as excited as one can get about neutering) :tongue:

Becky, thank you for that vote of confidence on Rose City Vet. I asked the vet today if they have experience with bullys and anesthesia and she assured me they do.

A lame question here but do the "regular" vets perform the neutering or are there special vets for this? you can probably tell i'm a neutering virgin! :blush:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]..if they are a surgeon..they will do neuters..it's the anesthesiologist that's important..and Rose City will have an experienced surgeon AND anesthesiologist ...I can find out who delivered jakes litter there if you want! I was just looking at pictures we got with him of the actual delivery and him being taken out! It's so cute..you can see his spot on his head!! Awwww! Let me know!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I was going to do Oliver and Sebastian separate, but after thinking about it I decided I wanted them both in cones and dopey at the same time. I'm scheduling theirs right after they turn 1 in December, so more likely after we get taxes back since there is no rush (healthwise) to get it done any sooner. I think you could handle both of them at the same time. If not, I'll come sit with you!!! (wishful thinking)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@cali baker ..if they are a surgeon..they will do neuters..it's the anesthesiologist that's important..and Rose City will have an experienced surgeon AND anesthesiologist ...I can find out who delivered jakes litter there if you want! I was just looking at pictures we got with him of the actual delivery and him being taken out! It's so cute..you can see his spot on his head!! Awwww! Let me know!!

Yes, yes, would love to know the name of the deliverer of Jake and his sibs. Wow, that's so cool that you have pics of him when he was being delivered and you were there too??! That's pretty awesome!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online