How about a two-for-one neuter?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes, yes, would love to know the name of the deliverer of Jake and his sibs. Wow, that's so cool that you have pics of him when he was being delivered and you were there too??! That's pretty awesome!
No..I wasn't there..the people we got him from took pics of each pup being delivered..and we got a full album when we took them home! They were in the delivery room! Cool..ha? Ok..I will message them and find out..might take a couple days but they will get back to me..I'll PM you!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I also agree that you should go to a vet that has bulldog experience or (like mine) loves the smooshy faced dogs like we do. (My vet has three Pugs) I'll never forget taking my DREAM DOG Mable to her first vet appointment and being basically scolded for having an English Bulldog. And yes. You bet I Yelped about it. Hollywood Hill Animal Hospital - Woodinville, WA :nonono:
I took Wilson to our vet for his wellness check the day after we got him at 8 weeks old and saw one of their top vets. You know what he said to me in a not so funny manner, "these dogs wouldn't even exist if for the people breeding them." It wasn't said in a good way either. I was stunned. This is a top rated place. Alameda East and they're known for being on the Animal Planet quite a few times. Needless to say, I found a bully vet immediately and I couldn't be happier with him (he's on the vet list here).

Henny I say get them both done at the same time. We'll be having Wilson and Jack done at the same time too but only after they turn a year old - our vet doesn't recommend it before then. You'll do just fine. I'm a double (heck triple) parent and in a two parent home most the time - you can do it!!! :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd get them both done the same day too .. they will both come home groggy and sleep a lot. Whereas if only one of them is done, the other will be bouncing all over them like some kinda Tigger!!! PLUS that also means you will only have to sit there and be worried sick the one time and not two!!! :yes:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Okee dokey, they are both scheduled for their neuter this coming Monday, 10/10! But don't tell them that, I don't want the two of them to worry! :shhhh:

I'm relieved to at least have them scheduled now b/c i've been thinking about this non-stop for the past 3 days, and now i'm just anxiously hopeful that EVERYTHING will go smoothly and they will both recover complication-free. Luckily Monday is a holiday for me (Columbus Day...yes, some of us still get that day off), and I'm taking Tuesday off to stay home w/them. Then, they'll be boarded at the vets the rest of the week so they aren't home alone.

and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i did ask if they'd give me a discount for the two of 'em too. I got a "no" on that but it never hurts to ask, right!? :happy:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I took Wilson to our vet for his wellness check the day after we got him at 8 weeks old and saw one of their top vets. You know what he said to me in a not so funny manner, "these dogs wouldn't even exist if for the people breeding them." It wasn't said in a good way either. I was stunned. This is a top rated place. Alameda East and they're known for being on the Animal Planet quite a few times. Needless to say, I found a bully vet immediately and I couldn't be happier with him (he's on the vet list here).

I'm sure you saved yourself some money too. The more famous and fancy they are, the more they can charge - and do.

I get that not everyone is going to be a huge fan of the English Bulldog. I get it - I don't UNDERSTAND IT - but I get it. Hey: I wouldn't have a Minpin or a Cheewowow for all the friggin' tea in China. But scolding your customer isn't good business in ANY business. :nonono:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION], I was really surprised when he said that. My other boys had been going there for 7 years but to a different vet and they were always wonderful. When I made the appt. for Wilson I asked for a vet that was more experienced with this breed, he was one of their top vets too - go figure. I have spent $1000s there with my old dog but and would only go back if it was a dire emergency, their 24/7 and have a rehab section. As you can see, they left a sour taste is my mouth. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] good luck with everything on Monday. keep us posted on their progress

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okee dokey, they are both scheduled for their neuter this coming Monday, 10/10! But don't tell them that, I don't want the two of them to worry! :shhhh:I'm relieved to at least have them scheduled now b/c i've been thinking about this non-stop for the past 3 days, and now i'm just anxiously hopeful that EVERYTHING will go smoothly and they will both recover complication-free. Luckily Monday is a holiday for me (Columbus Day...yes, some of us still get that day off), and I'm taking Tuesday off to stay home w/them. Then, they'll be boarded at the vets the rest of the week so they aren't home alone.and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i did ask if they'd give me a discount for the two of 'em too. I got a "no" on that but it never hurts to ask, right!? :happy:
Henny, somehow I missed that Tate and Finn were scheduled for Monday. They'll be in my thoughts and so will you. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Henny, somehow I missed that Tate and Finn were scheduled for Monday. They'll be in my thoughts and so will you. :)

Ditto! The hardest part for Bo was keeping him from damaging his stitches with a lot of maniac activity.

Most Reactions