Update on Tank

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is doing lots better! He seems to be more active now and hes no longer limping. He is now finished with the antibiotic rinse but is still on antibiotics till Monday for his infection. He hasn't had a accident for 2 nights now and the hubby even forgot to take him out the other night. His bowels are completely normal now so i figure that probably helps and he probably feels better with his shaft infection being treated. Hes now been on his new diet for 3 weeks and hes no longer stinky tank. We figure that between the normal bowels and that, the limited ingredient/grain free diet is working for him. He is still scratching his face like crazy though but according to the vet that can take 4 weeks or more to clear up since his allergy did a number on his skin so i have high hopes that that will be a thing of the past soon too. My husband decided to try to hid tanks pill in his glycosomine treat last night to see if we could get it in him that way we wouldn't have to struggle with him to take it and it worked!!!! Tank did give daddy a really weird look after he chewed it up though :lol:. So we shall see if it works again tonight. My money is on no lol!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great news --- happy to hear. also, vanilla ice cream does the trick for us and pills -- never had a turn away or have to force it on ehtme. They walk up when they hear me open the freezer.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
That's so great that tank is doing better.. And yes we have problems giving lex his allergy pill lol. We hide it in cheese and now when I give it to him he will chew and get his tongue working in there and then he spits at least 1 sometimes 2 out! We have figure that turkey meat helps w him not spitting it back out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's great news, way to go Tank.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Glad he's doing better. I usually use cream cheese for pills since it's the only thing that'll work. Now he comes running when he hears me opening the pill bottles. Also leaves me a nice big puddle of drool while he sits patiently.:blink:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Glad Tank is better!

Ice cream and cream cheese....both great pill poppin' ideas. Thanks! I've been using yogurt - but it's so messy......

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Glad to hear Tank is doing better.
When we have to give Stella a pill (heart worm or Benadryl), we do the old "switcheroo"
Take 10 or so pieces of kibble, start feeding by hand, one by one and around piece 6, give the pill. She hasn't caught on to that yet!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.