cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tonight was the first time I saw Tate hump! He was laying right next to me and the blanket was in a mound, and he had Dino his stuffed dinosaur in his mouth and he attacked the blanket! it freaked me out a little...just my reaction, i couldn't help it! Now he's attacking poor Finn. Hmmmm, now i'm wondering if this has anything to do w/Finn's possible injury "down there"? As I'm watching them, it looks like Tate has become a little more aggressive with his brother. This is like having two teenage boys at home!:eek:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yes...it's a shocker to see your little boy "doing what comes naturally" ha ha. Bo only does this occasionally (to Bea) and it's all about a dominance game for him. I don't allow it. Bea HATES it (of course) and he seems to do it just to get her goat. She's shaped like a wine barrel and not as agile and long legged Bo. I'm grateful this only happens very occasionally - but he's not even close to the "terrible twos" yet - so we have a ways to go. Interestingly, he hasn't started to lift his leg to pee yet. He still squats like a girl. hee hee

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has started that also! his is primarily air when he gets excisted and new people that enter the house :ashamed:. hes almost 1 so i figure weve got a long ways yet till he gets out of this phase hes in. We are also getting the temper tantrums and massive stubbornness too

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Tank has started that also! his is primarily air when he gets excisted and new people that enter the house :ashamed:. hes almost 1 so i figure weve got a long ways yet till he gets out of this phase hes in. We are also getting the temper tantrums and massive stubbornness too

OMG! What does a temper tantrum look like? My only frame of reference is the one time my daughter did this in a store at about 2 years old.....*picturing a bullie stomping feets and pounding the floor with front paws...* :lmao:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:ROFL: with the Dino in his mouth and the 'mound'! Wilson humped the first dog he saw at puppy play group, I was so embarrassed, he was only 10 weeks old. We were just commenting last night how both the boys haven't been humping each other in a few weeks when it happened! Wilson was licking Jack's ear and then tried to mount him. OMG it was too funny. We put a stop to it though. This teenage phase is fun huh? :D

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I will take the teenage phase of utter disdain and indifference over the Terrible two's any day

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
:ROFL: with the Dino in his mouth and the 'mound'! Wilson humped the first dog he saw at puppy play group, I was so embarrassed, he was only 10 weeks old. We were just commenting last night how both the boys haven't been humping each other in a few weeks when it happened! Wilson was licking Jack's ear and then tried to mount him. OMG it was too funny. We put a stop to it though. This teenage phase is fun huh? :D

Wilson sounds hilarious! Just from reading the different things about him, I get to laughing.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Are the terrible two's the stubbornness and temper tantrums? Bruin does this thing where he's laying on his back and starts to gurgle and growl INCREDIBLY loud and pushing his feet upwards on the couch cushions. Does anyone else's bully do that? Is that a tantrum? (He turned 2 last month)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson sounds hilarious! Just from reading the different things about him, I get to laughing.
He's pretty funny no doubt and very stubborn. He's his own dog. If you thought that was funny you should see try to get serviced by our old dog, he's in love with him. :ROFL:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Last night Tate got all excited again...seems to be happening at around 9:30/10pm...and had his stuffed animal in his mouth (can't remember which one), then began humping on a pillow. He then goes over to Finn who's quietly laying down on the floor, falling asleep, and starts licking his privates. Finn is not at all pleased by this and growls but good old Tate is just not gettin' it and keeps at it even with Finn growling louder and louder. I really was not in the mood to break up a fight that late at night so i picked Tate up and carried him to bed.
Once they're neutered, this is gonna stop, right? please, please say YES! :yes:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Lilly is spayed and she still humps Bruin's head at least twice a day. Poor Bruin will just be laying there falling asleep and here comes Lilly going to it like there's no tomorrow. Poor Bruin

Twinklrtoes1610

Oct 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordis, Khalisie and a frenchy named Fry
@calibaker probably not...Fry ( frenchy) humps Gordis (EB) at least 3 times a day and there all spayed. Maybe it's different in males I wouldn't know dont have any...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.