Hello from Michelle and Diesel

MichelleandDiesel

Aug 3, 2010
Hi, I have been lurking around on this site for quite some time and decided to join. Diesel is 9 months old and a we love him dearly. We have never owned a bulldog before so I am trying to learn everything that I can. I have a question on weather I am feeding him enough. He was on Purina proplan shredded blend 1 cup twice a day. I have switched him over to fromm 4 star chicken ala ved 1/2 cup twice a day. He is maintaining weight. It's just been about a week since it's all the Fromm food. He is very active. Just recently he started getting into the bathroom garbage to eat papertowels. That's why I'm wondering if he's getting enough to eat. I also give him a little plain yogurt on top of his food. Is this enough for a puppy?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there Michelle and Diesel!!! So very glad you came out from hiding! :)

I would increase it a bit. Until he is an adult, then cut it back. I give my adults 3/4 c twice daily, my puppies (5 mos old) get 1.5 c twice daily. You can give him some healthy snacks inbetween as well. Fromm is not full of fillers so it seems that since he is maintaining his weight, I would not be concerned, but once he hits the age of 1, keep an eye on his weight. Once they gain it, it is not easy to get them to lose it once they reach adulthood.

Glad to hear you got off of Purina!!! Do you see a difference in his apperence? Share your story with us, we would love to hear about it!

Oh, and PICTURES PLZZZ ;) lets see your baby boy!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes if you have the before and after pics it would make a great addition to our page! Welcome by the way and yes we need some pics!!!!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Welcome Michelle... and yes, post some pics. This is a very welcoming and helpful place, and glad you decided to join us! And I wouldn't worry about the paper towel thing... that's nothing - Chester ate my EARPLUGS 3 times!!! >.< (yes, I have them because both him and my husband snore and wake me up! :eek: ) Chester eats anything that catches his eye.. except cantaloupe! :p

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
welcome, this is a great group of bully families, with great stories and pics to share, answers to almost any question you may have and so much more (which i'm sure you already know since you've been lurking in the shadows for awhile, lol). enjoy!

LisaRN, i love that you sleep with earplugs, thats hillarious! i am the complete opposite and cannot sleep without Horse + his snoring, i always tell people it's like a cat purring and puts me to sleep!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.