Moe's Outing

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I woke up early this morning, and remembered the email I received from Deb McGuire, a local Pet Photographer who had used Moe as a model for a book she was working on... she was just reminding everyone that she had a booth setup at the 2011 Humane Society's Pet Walk, and her new book, just released, would be for sale there. Well I asked Moe if he was up for it, and he said "sure". I asked Peggy if she wanted to go, and she mumbled that she had to work on a paper, and pulled the covers over her head. I felt bad for informing Winnie that she was staying home with Mom, but I thought it might be difficult by myself and two dogs, and besides, Winnie doesn't always like other dogs.

So I filled up a large water bottle, grabbed some poo bags and a collapsing water bowl, helped Moe in the car, and we were off.

The event was at Magic Island, Honolulu, which is at the end of Ala Moana Beach Park, a real nice beach access with a sidewalk and benches, used mainly used by locals. There was no parking close to Magic Island, so Moe had a bit of a walk along the beach, It was still cool at 7:30, so it was not bad. There were several other dogs making the trek, and the locals sitting along the benches to watch the sun come up and morning activities seemed to enjoy the parade of dogs... Moe of course received a lot of attention, and was just soaking it up.

I knew there would be a crazy amount of dogs at the event, but there had to be thousands, it was crazy. They had numerous vendor tents set up and we weaved our way through all the dogs to find Deb... Moe of course was a perfect gentleman with all the dogs, I was very proud of him.

We found Deb and she was shocked when she saw how big Moe had grown... he was much smaller when she used him as a model. She showed me the book, and the surprise was that the editor not only used his picture with the "Mighty Mo" in the background, but used his sister's photo as well, with the Arizona Memorial in the background. I of course grabbed a copy and had her sign it.

So we just kinda hung out for a bit, listening to the live band, and letting Moe soak in all the attention he was receiving... several people wanted their picture taken with him, he must have felt like a star or something. I did break out my phone to catch a clip of the area because I knew I would catch a bunch of crap here if I didn't... we were away from the tents and the walk was going on, so you really do not get to see the sheer number of dogs that were present. I wish I would have taken more videos but my hands were full holding Moe, his water, Deb's book and various other pamphlets that was forced on me, so I apologize.

While in the middle of the tents area, I walked over out of curiosity to a sign for "Pet Zen" I didn't really get to read what that was all about because we were side tracked by these Reiki practitioners who came over and started moving their hands around Moe, without touching him, like they were studying his energy or something. I didn't ask them to do this, but Moe didn't seem to mind. Then one of the ladies informed me that Moe complained to her that he enjoyed a food that I was previously feeding him, more so than what I am currently feeding him. She also told me that he complained about something related to his paws while out on his walks, such as too hot. I told Moe that he shouldn't complain so much to strangers, it makes him look like a whiner.

It was starting to get warm so I thought I needed to get Moe back to the car before he started whining to strangers about the heat and the walk home, but we found just the thing to do before starting the walk back... they had an area set up with several kiddie pools of water. So Moe had a chance to get in and cool off... they even dumped ice in his pool, and he enjoyed bobbing for ice cubes and ate a few. I don't think the intent of the ice was treats to eat, but whatever, Moe seemed to appreciate them.

I was a little worried about the walk back because it was already getting warm, but we took it slow and stopped at a few of the beach showers to get him wet, so he stayed pretty cool, and again, all the locals on the path gave him lots of attention.

So Moe had a great day out... here is the little clip I took... it's not much, but as I said, I had my hands full.

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I want to see the book. You need to set up your video and flip thru the pages so we can see. I love Moe. I love Moe.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
YesI want to see the book too! What a great day..so you will hence forth be known as " the dude who accompanied Moe to the Pet Walk!"... And "crap we give you?".. Really ..I have NO idea of what you speak!!..US???...:angel:.....:angel:.......ohhhh....maybe cuz of THIS!....:pics:Ps.. :love: Moe!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I luv Moe too! What a fun way to spend your Sunday. That Reiki practitioner sure seemed to know what Moe was thinkin', eh? :whatsthat?: Interesting!

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

as requested :)

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]

Fabulous! What an awesome book. Does she have a website? If I order one, do you think I could get Moe and Winnie to sign it? Love it, love it, love it!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Omgoodness! That is a great book! Moe and Winnies' pictures are so beautiful! With the memorial in the background! Thanks so much!! What a treat! :muah:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
ok...I'm checking out the website right now. The woman with the white shirt and long hair kissing the dog. Is that Peggy and Winnie?

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses

Fabulous! What an awesome book. Does she have a website? If I order one, do you think I could get Moe and Winnie to sign it? Love it, love it, love it!

I'll get you and Becky a copy, but how do I get Moe & Winnie to sign it?

OP
Telly03

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
ok...I'm checking out the website right now. The woman with the white shirt and long hair kissing the dog. Is that Peggy and Winnie?

Yes, that's Peggy and Winnie.

Deb does have a nice site with some great shots, doesn't she? She markets herself well and stays really busy.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That is what I want to do. I first need to move to Hawaii....for the awesome weather and fabulous scenery. For some reason I don't think cloudy Washington would produce the same awesome backdrop. She does awesome work.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
What a great day! And I sooo love the pics of Moe and Winnie! And I think Moe can complain if someone is listening!!! He's so cute he can do whatever he wants!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for sharing your outing experience with us...... Kewl book!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I also love Winnie's rave!

I just noticed that you can actually purchase the book off her website. Thanks for offering to get it for me, but I will order it right from her. If Moe gets his signature down..I will have to send it for the autograph! I see that she has another photo on her site of your beautiful wife and lovely Winnie. Were these the ones you had done before you got Moe?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Aww..thanks for offering John..I too saw it on website and will order..I loved some of the other pics..the dachshund with those eyes!! And I think it's a husky that has a great face! Of course...ALL come in below Moe and Winnie! Nothing like critter faces!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.