cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn loves retreating into his crate. Unlike Tate, Finn, I think, enjoys his alone-time he spends in there. He's such a sweetie. :luv:

Anyways, Finn's outgrowing the crate I got for him. I got him a "medium" size when he came home at 4mos old. He's now almost 7mos old and when he stretches out in it, his head sticks out of the crate. So, now i'm thinking of giving him Tate's crate which is a large. Tate doesn't go into his crate unless i tell him to and even then, he'll only stay for a minute or two. Would giving Finn Tate's crate be okay? I'm just wondering if Finn will not go into this crate b/c he thinks it belongs to Tate? and also, do you think Tate will react negatively to it? I guess I'll eventually find:hmm: out the answer to these ???'s myself but wondered if anyone had experience with passing things from one pet to another.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Should not be an issue... our bullies swap out all the time and it really only has to do with the blanket/bed that is in the crate. after I wash I always switch and they seem to always go where 'their' blanket/bed is

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Someone here wrote once that their bullies share the same crate all the time by choice. Perhaps your boys will do that too.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Ive had other dogs that switched fine. And I just seperated Mojo and Lola and they did fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mine swap out all the time, no problem.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I had Vegas and O on the opposite end of the couch in crates. When we got Vegas a new crate, the door opened differently than what he was used to. So, we switched their crates out. They didn't even care...once the bedding was switched. I think that's what they associate as being theirs. The items in the crate, not the crate itself.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks guys, I will give the switcheroo a try. I'm a bad mom b/c i don't actually put any blankies in their crates...they sit on the cold, hard surface! it's mainly b/c they are more inclined to pee on their blankets. :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.