Bully in Il. used as Pitbull bait dog

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
This is on the Illinois EBD rescue's facebook page.

This is Ava, about 1 year old and shows her wounds she suffered from being a bait dog that some SOB used to train his Pitbulls to fight. If there was any justice HE/they would be thrown in a pit and used as training bait.
Ava is available for adoption or you can make a donation to help pay her vet care. Poor Bully girl. She has had to have numerous drains put in all over her body to drain the infections. From what I gathered on her story DESPITE the horrible abuse she has endured she is a wonderful, lovable Bully and could sure as heck use a good home.
How can a person be so cruel.:cursing:

Ava | Facebook

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
its crap like this that makes me so:cursing: i cannot for the life of me understand how someone can do that to a dog. it makes me cry. gosh i will pray for this dog and am so thankful it was rescued. i still to this day will not watch the philly eagles for this reason.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
absolutely disgusting. i don't understand how anyone could do this to any dog, let alone a baby bully. why use such an expensive dog as bait? I thought their cost is what usually kept them out of situations like this...poor baby

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
People like that disgust me!!!! Glad she's been rescued my prayers to all the other bait dogs we don't hear about. :bang: Being an owner of 4 pits now it's these scums that give our wonderful dogs the bad rep they have, the Michael Vick's of the world. I wish the laws were much worse!!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We have a member here, Champ, who is a rescue under the same circumstances. I hope this little one gets a furever home. It is so very sad and what is even sadder is that there are many out there that never get rescued and live a life like this.

Here is Champs story, very hard to read and look at, but he is an amazing dog.
About Champ

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The bad thing is they usually use dogs that are stolen, and even worse is these bullies are not fighters, so there is no contest against a pit bull. It just makes me sick how cruel people can be. They need to be put in prison for life. She is such a beautiful girl and it amazes me how after all that abuse, she still has love to give and just wants to be loved. Poor baby, I just want to take her and give her the love she deserves.

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I've heard some very sad story's of other idiots that have done the very same thing using Bullys to fight Pitbulls. Normally they aren't fighters as you say David but if they are pushed too far they can down right turn on another dog . Its seems to be one of the reasons some use to use them in such a manner despite the cost of a bully.They aren't that passive a breed even though much of the aggressiveness has been bred to be a forethought. Thing is when they do get a taste of what they are capable of doing in quite a few cases the Bully has to be put down. They become too aggressive. A close friend shared a story about another friend of his who was a Bully owner. Seems a neighbor had a Rottweiler that was a trained guard dog. The Rotty owner was always trying to get his dog to have a go at the other fellows Bully despite repeated requests to stop trying to itimidate his bully into a fight. Well seems to have gone in one ear and out the other as I was told he kept at it til the bully finally had had enough. As told to me that bully being of course of lower height than the Rottwieler got it around the throat and ripped it out. The Rotty was dead in less than half a minute. What was trully sad was the way it changed the behavior of the Bully involved. Once it realized just what it was capable of this loving gentle bully turned into a dog that would try to attack any dog in sight and it ended up having to be put down. Its a really a wonder that Ava has come through this as well as she has. And I hope it does not have any lasting effects on her . Poor thing deserves a good home.
That alone should be a big reason for Rescues to fully check the background and living conditions of any one wanting to adopt. To some they are nothing but entertainment and something to bet on.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
This literally makes me want to :barf:. I think people who have the ability to do thtis should be shot on sight as they are obviously mentally unstable and unsafe to have in the general population.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I can't read it..I know without reading it how sad and angry I would be. I just wish we could do something...poor sweet Ava..and all the Avas and Champs out there...:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
stories like this just continue to confirm the ignorance and stupidity of humans. The dog always proves to be the more loving creature

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
this story just turns my stomache, really hurts me to read this and to think this still goes on in this world, some humans need doing to them what thay do to others... i prey so much Ave will get a new home soon.... like yesterday.... :begging:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I can't read it either :nope:, will make me too emotional. I really hope and pray that she goes to a home that will love her unconditionally and spoil her to bits like how Champ's mom does.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I volunteer for the rescue and I know that we are low on funds, so if anyone wants to help Ava. Let me know or go to the rescues page.

Ava got her drain tubes out and stiched put in instead. She is a real lovey dovey dog according to her foster mom.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad she is doing better. She needs all the love she can get.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I just looked at the pictures and read the article, makes me so sad just reading part of it, teary! What a POS for human being that will let a dog, any dog, go in as a bait dog. The wounds on her were horrible! And what an incredible transformation from the time she was found to her furever home.

This infuriates me: But then they saw the x-rays…that's when they found the BB gun pellets inside me. I had tried to forget about being shot so many times, but there was the memory- right there on the x-ray. Also on the x-ray was a huge mass on my spleen.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.