Karma and new baby

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Well acouple weeks ago Karma had 2 pups The little male died soon after birth, the little female I offered to airmike in Fl which he accepted the offer, anyway the little girl died 3 days later, Karma looked for days for her baby she was a awesome mom and the death of her little girl about killer her and me too. Now Karma has been fighting more aggressively with my other 2 females and keeping my house in total chaos,so I decided to place her in a only dog home after much searching I finally found one locally. This family has 7acres of land on which their son, and his wife and 4yr old girl live in a seperate house on the same property. They also have a 14yr male pekenese who just hides under the bed all the time. The family came up to meet Karma and loved her,then when her stitches came out from Csection I delivered her to them, anyway the little granddaughter asked me if I had any cats for her thats what she wanted, Grandma said no they all had allergies to cats. Anyway Grandma bought the granddaughter a pot belly pig and named it Penelope, they introduced it to Karma to make sure she wouldnt hurt it and low and behold I guess she thinks Penelope is her baby because in just 1 day she has started cleaning, attempting to nurse it and sleeps with it, cries when the granddaughter takes Penelope to her house to play with it, They dont have a fenced in yd for Penelope, so she lives with Grandma and Karma. Sorry about the pics not very good but I am waiting for some good ones of them. Kinda looks like her doesnt it. imagejpeg_2_29.jpgimagejpeg_2_31.jpg

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
oh my goodness. that's just the cutest ending to a story ever. it was so nice of you to offer airmike a puppy, i know how badly he was looking to find a new bully to love. i could never do the job that you do, i couldn't handle the loss of babies like that. :cry: On a side note, I've looking into getting a mini pig and most likely will when we buy our own home. It's great that Karma found a new adopted baby.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
So sorry for your loss. Doubly sad that Karma had to be rehomed. I'm sure that was a hard decision. Glad that you found a great family and a happy ending too! Dog and pig. That wouldn't be unheard of. I recall a story about a dog and a pig growing up together but the pig grew to be a huge hog and they weren't allowed to sleep together anymore but still remained friends. They were allowed to be with each other as long as they were supervised. I'm just happy she's not feeling the loss and that the piggy is filling her need to nurture. Piggies are so cute too. They are the first thing I like to see at the fairs...especially when they have their little babies around them. My daughter had a friend to bred Yorkies and they also had a potbelly pig and she thought she was one of the Yorkies. She would line up at the door waiting to come in just like the other pooches.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw that is so sad that airmike didnt get to get a new bully and karma had to be rehomed but with cute pics like that how can it be all bad. so happy it all worked out in the end. i have had 2 alpha females in my house and they had to be watched at all times for the fighting so i know how it feels to not be able to relax in your own home. many hugs from sarah and i. :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry about the pups dying. When they died did you let Karma see and sniff them? When Lucy lost one of her pups when it was about a week old I let her see it. She sniffed it and licked it's little face, looked up at me as if she knew it was gone. I then took it away, and buried it in the back yard. Don't know if that would have made a difference, but so sorry you had to get rid of her. But at least she has a new fur-ever home and is happy. I hope her new family will get on here and send some pics of her.

OP
goobers mom

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Yes we both held her then I put her outside while I washed all the blankets put the puppy box up and took puppy pen down but she searched the house for days she even climbed into the washer because she could smell the pups blankets before I had a chance to wash them. It was heartbreaking to both of us, then I had to email Mike in Fl. and tell him that Breezy was with Winston playing at the rainbow bridge, which was the worse thing in the world to me. I even offered Mike Karma but he wanted to start off with a puppy but would have taken Karma if the pup would have survived. He would have driven up and took both home.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh...I'm so sorry the pups didn't make it and poor Karma...I'm glad she found a great place and a pig to love too! Poor Mike..his baby will come...it was very thoughtful of you to offer him a pup.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awww poor Karma, I guess loosing both of them was just too hard on her, and on you too. It's never easy loosing a pup. Hugs to you and her. :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The loss of Karma's babies is very heartbreaking. I'm so sorry to hear that. That's wonderful that she has a new home and sounds like she will be very happy there. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us!:luv::hug:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sorry Karma lost both her babies. But lucky for her she now has the pig to love.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.