Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: ~ Shelby ~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Florida ~

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Qld Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default ~ Shelby ~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Florida ~

Shelby is available for Adoption!
    Name:  Shelby.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  6.5 KB
    Name: Shelby
    Estimated Age: 4-7
    Adoption Status: This dog is is available for Adoption!

Brief Description:

UPDATE: Hello everyone! Shelby here! I am a loving and happy girl, fairly calm most of the time. I love to be loved and just hang out with my foster family. I don't even mind when my crazy foster skin siblings come up to me and play with my ears or try to annoy me by jumping around in my face.

When I first came here I was a skinny little girl, but I warmed up to my foster mommy right away and have since put on some weight and my foster family thinks I look much healthier now.

At first I was really stinky and had to get a bath every other day to try to control my stinkiness. I was smelling up foster mom's house and she didn't know what to do about it. Finally I started getting better with the help of medication and weekly infusions in my little protruding booty. It looks and feels much better now though and my foster family is happy because now I don't smell so yucky anymore! OH! I am due to get my mammary tumors removed and get spayed on Friday the 2nd of May.

I will always have to wear my little thundershirt because of the injury I sustained earlier in life to my ribs. Sometimes I try to slip out of it at night and foster mom has to fix it when she wakes up in the morning, but usually I keep it on nice. I walk really good on my leash and I don't take very long to do my stuff and come back in. I LOVE to drink water but I have NEVER had an accident in my foster home.

I hope to one day have a loving furever home to call mine. And thanks so much to Adopt-A-Bull-Rescue for helping to save my life! I love you guys!! Wish me luck on my surgery!

Older Update: We recently had a vet appointment & also a separate consultation with a different vet for a second opinion on Shelby’s broken ribs only to discover more immediate concerns & bad news. Here’s where we are at today. Currently, Shelby has a very large anal gland infection in her left anal sac causing extreme discomfort along with a very smelly dog. (We will spare you the pictures.) Unfortunately, we just got the results of the discharge from the culture that was sent to the lab and it contains 2 types of bacteria that are resistant to the meds Shelby is currently on. Back to the vet we go first thing in the morning to get new meds! For the next few weeks, we will be scheduling WEEKLY vet appointments so Shelby can get a frequent insertion of meds right in the “problem area” beside the medication she is taking orally. This was suggested by our vet (who actually owns pugs himself) and we are on board with the projected treatment plan.

Now for the devastating news: Shelby is riddled with mammary tumors, as every single one of her mammary glands contains masses that need to be completely & totally removed and biopsied. Despite her horrendous condition, she is estimated to be between 4-7 years old & we are still doing everything in our power to save her. After this bad anal infection clears up, the plan is to spay her & remove her tumors at the same time. The doctor will not do anything to Shelby until the infection clears up because he says it is an extremely serious infection.

Now for the good news….. Shelby is NOT in any pain from the broken ribs that litter her body – it appears to be an old injury. She can function normally and has no difficulty walking or maneuvering despite the way she looks. We keep her thunder shirt on for protection & stability as a precaution. You may notice that we have slightly raised the goal for Shelby’s medical care – this is due to the new findings & required treatment plan.

At first, the findings looked terribly grim for Shelby, but we are hopeful for a happy future. Our rescue volunteers are totally committed to do whatever it takes to save this little puggy girl. Shelby has the best personality, her temperament is so amazingly sweet & her disposition is gentle & innocent. Each vet and vet tech she has seen has commented on what a fantastic dog she is! As a rescue, we could not be happier to help save her!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> adoptabullrescue.com

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Adopt-A-Bull

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
    Last edited by bullmama; 11-17-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Two little having fun together

Remove Ads