Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: ~ Bacon ~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Florida ~

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Qld Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default ~ Bacon ~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Florida ~

Name: Bacon
    Estimated Age: 3-4
    Adoption Status: This dog is is available for Adoption!

Brief Description:
    ((Written by one of our directors)) I received a call early this past Sunday morning to come outside of the house... that's when my boyfriend, and I met "Bacon."

This adora-bull bullie boy was initially found alongside a very busy intersection in Miami's Cutler Bay neighborhood early Sunday morning. A woman & her daughter spotted him walking very close to the road and they pulled over and were able to catch him. Not knowing exactly what to do, they called the police department and 2 amazing female Miami-Dade officers arrived within minutes and placed him in the back seat of their squad car. One of the officers, who has owned bulldogs herself, happened to be a friend of ours and she knew I worked with a rescue. Her and her partner immediately brought him to our house with the hope that I could offer a better alternative than the county shelter.

With a tail that was wagging at lightning speed & a big bullie smile, Bacon jumped out of their police car & trotted his was into our backyard. He smelled absolutely horrible, his all-white coat was completely gray, his nails were so long that they were curled under and he walked with most of his toes turned on their side because of it, and he was COVERED with hundreds of ticks! After nearly 5 hours of de-ticking and a quick first bath, I pulled off no less than 200 ticks and turned his coat a lighter shade of gray. One of his ears is badly infected, while constantly emitting a rancid smell, leaking puss and blood, and the cartilage appears to have fused almost completely shut. Although he barely knew or trusted me, Bacon would often give me kisses all over and hand me his paw while I was poking at him for hours and hours... it's as if he already knew that I was only there to help.
    Over the next few days, Bacon would continue to get tick baths, get walked 2-3x a day (he LOVES to go for walks and is very good on a leash), and spoiled rotten. Meanwhile, we have introduced him to our 11-yr-old female bullie, and it was nothing but happy tails and excitement. He has already been chauffeured to the vet twice by our police officer friend and is probably the only one that has ever actually been happy to be riding in the back of a police car!!
    We found out that he is micro chipped but unfortunately, the chip was never registered. Now that he is officially ours and we have satisfied all legal reporting requirements, we have started full vetting and further testing. Thankfully, he is heartworm negative and there is no evidence of intestinal parasites! He is currently on antibiotics for his skin, eyes, and ears, as well as a urinary tract infection OR a prostate infection. He will need to be neutered and have his ear looked at once some of the swelling has subsided and the infection has cleared. The results of his blood work are still pending and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the hundreds of ticks found on him didn't transmit any diseases. For now, he has a cool, comfortable, and loving bullie home that will spoil him rotten and an awesome police officer friend who checks on him constantly and will transport him whenever and wherever he needs to go! Interested in a Bully from Adopt-A-Bull Rescue?

If you are interested in adopting from Adopt-A-Bull Rescue, please go to their website

Make sure you read this information about their adoption process before applying.

To view more Bulldogs from Adopt-A-Bull rescue, click the link below:
    Thank you for considering adoption for your next Fur-mate!

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News Thank You!
    Last edited by ChanelnBrutus; 05-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Two little having fun together

Remove Ads