View RSS Feed


August 15th, 2010

Rate this Entry
Boy was it a hot one out today. 91 degrees. Whew! Vegas woke up with a prance! He was prancing in the yard. Such spring in his step. It was a good day. He seems to finally be putting equal weight on his back legs. We left about 4pm for a family BBQ, and the babies stayed behind. We got home about 9:30pm and Vegas was just excited. Almost too excited. Earlier I'd taken off to take some photos and when I came home, he was dramatically excited. So much excitement...he actually scraped and bruised my shin with his lower teeth. He did the same to my mom-n-law after the BBQ. After feeding them and playing with them, my husband went up to bed. Vegas was already upstairs with his grammy..he'd found his favorite spot under the computer desk. Mark called to Vegas and he didn't respond. Mark called to him again,,,,no answer. Mark decided to go looking for him and he found him in the hall on his back having a seizure. This was a long one. Atleast 3 to 4 minutes of total body seizing. Not much mouth foaming, but his whole body was twitching. I've never said this before during an episode, but I asked my husband..."when is it going to end?" Finally the seizure ended. It took Vegas another 2 to 3 minutes to come around. When he stood up, he fell back down. When he got his feet under him, he went darting down the hall to the bonus room, looked around and darted back to us. He then darted down the stairs as I was screaming at him...."Vegas, no! Slow down!" He only missed 1/2 the stairs....once downstairs, he ran into the family room, literally looked around, then darted back upstairs. The only person who he hadn't seen was his grammy (who was in her room by this time) So, we opened her door and let him in. He checked on her and that was that. I brought him back downstairs and fed him a little more food. (since the dr said foraging was a side effect) I also filled his "everlasting" treat ball with treats and set that on the floor. The ball keeps him from pacing aimlessly. With the treat ball, he focuses on it and it seems to calm the brain activity down. Right now it's 11:45pm and I've filled it up twice already. We are going on over an hour of him following the ball. I also gave him 10mg of diazepam to help calm him. Hopefully sleep for him will come soon. Peaceful sleep. I love you Vegas.


  1. bullmama's Avatar
    Wow I don't know how you do it. I get worried sick whenever someone so much as sneezes funny.

    BTW, I am a subscriber to your blog now!