Teach you bully new tricks 2-down(lie down )
before we learn command "down " that i think is one of few important one to learn i wanted to give you all some tips: (i will post this in every blog post before actual command )
1) if your bully is food orientated you are in a luck !
2) if your bully does is not food orientated -dont panic ,buy a toy , and use it only for training as a reward - its is dead simple to teach your fur baby to love and be crazy about his new toy - simply wave the ball (or another object) in from of your dog face with a supper cheerful and equally silly voice say " do you want it? " "uuu look at this" etc etc after a while your bully should show great intrest in the toy , when command is performed correctly give this toy play a little tug with your bully-stay very cheerful ,after a minute or two-remove the toy -this will be his reward and only given when you be training
3)start from high value treats before using their regular food -and on the end just give a praise and dont forget to adjust your dog food intake accordingly to the amount of treats given .Least you want is an overweight bully after few months of training -Trust me ive been there and done that -to pie on few pounds is easier than to lose it
4) start your training in a calm environment with as little distractions as possible and when your bully fully got it , increase the amount of distractions for instance backyard , or when your friends are around - do this gradually and over time you bully will have great focus just on you
5) work through play , keep it short but do it often - this will also help to prevent your bully getting bored ,but also it will build a great bond between both of you x
6) no mater how well or bad your bully performed always end on a positive note - this supposed to be fun for him/her and you -not a chore
7)even if your bully cannot do something -dont get stressed or agitated -they can sense it ,give them time and patience -we all know that our babies are not the brightest sparks
Ok so lets get back to a command "DOWN" (lie down)
in few easy steps:
1) get your tasty treats ready you will going to need quit a few -all depends on how quickly your dog "get it" .As we already thought our bullies how to sit - lets use it as a starting point .
2)take the treat in ur hand. let them smell it but dont let them eat it- the trick h ere is - you want your dog nose and therefore rest of the body follow after the treat .Say command "down" (or sign the command )
3)one your bully is interested in what you are having for him/her slowly bring your hand down to the floor in front of him (just in front of his feet) to allow him enough space to lie down but not to far as most likely he or she will stand up to get it -.
4)when you lowering your hand with a treat slowly your bullie should follow your hand with his nose and lay down. Give him command "down" , treat and loads of praise
This command is easy enough t to teach your babies - but with some more stubborn dogs it might take a while , please remember not to push or force your bully into down position as this will not only scare or stress him or her but it will take you longer for them to get it
i got a video of how i taught my deaf girl Shy Sit and lie down - i apologize in advance for my polish accent and my rough looks - this is whats happens when you dont sleep a lot