View RSS Feed


November 4th 5:15am

Rate this Entry
The last 36 hours have been hectic. I don't know whether to smile or cry. It started on Wednesday night about 7:30 when I got home from work. Putting my shoes and coat in the closet, I smelled a funky smell. Fearing it could be a gas leak, we turned our gas off. So, we spent the night with no heat and the morning with no hot water (except what was in the tank) The gas company was due at our house between 8 and 8:30, but I had to leave for work at 7:50. So, the kids got an early breakfast and then I took them upstairs to my room. I put Orion into her travel kennel and I let Vegas loose in the room. I turned up the tv pretty loud in hopes of easing his anxiety when the gas Co came to the door.

I get a call at work from my MIL stating that Vegas threw up his breakfast and meds. I asked her to give him his meds again. By the time I got home at 5:30, Vegas had thrown up about 8 to 10 times throughout the day. He was laying on top of his kennel and barely lifted his head when I walked in the door. Poor baby. He started throwing up about 9ish, but it was just phlegm and blood. I decided to feed Vegas only a small amount of rice with his seizure tabs. I neglected to give him his potassium bromide, but with good reason. Potassium bromide takes awhile to build up into the system. So, once you change a takes weeks to see the result. I usually give him 4mls and I pour it onto a small portion of bread. It's very salty...and they mix it with beef flavoring.
With that being said, I didn't want the salty mixture going into his already upset tummy. So, last night he got diazepam and phenobarbital only.
This morning Vegas had a grand mal seizure about 5:15am. Then he paced for about an hour and a half. Usually the seizures cause him to "forage for food", so I put a plate on the floor with the rest of the rice from last night. Not a good idea.

Now I have sticky rice all over the kitchen floor. It's hard to get up with a rag, it just rolls and smears. I have it all over my jammies, floors, cabinets (Vegas has been pacing and running into the cabinets and wiping his face on it) I've stepped in it with my slippers...and when I walk it makes a sticky suction sound, so I removed them and then I stepped in it with my socks. Using the rag is challenging, because Vegas wants what I clean up with the rag. I tried to use the mop, but Orion wants to attack it. *sigh*

What can I do? I have 7 hours before I have to be at work. So, I made you a movie with my video from this morning. This does not show his seizure, this only shows what it's like AFTER he has one. This is not all the time. Sometimes he goes right to sleep. Sometimes he paces for several hours.