Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

View RSS Feed

Raw Feeding Day Six

Rate this Entry
Well, today was interesting. lol. I didn't take their food out of the freezer and put in the fridge until very late so it was still a bit frozen this morning. Not solid but with ice crystals still in/on it. I thought, oh well....and handed everyone their breakfast! lol. It was actually a good thing for Gator and Gypsy. It forced them to knaw on it a bit and get smaller pieces and that made me a bit more comfortable. I didn't hold Gator's to see how he would do and it was fine.

Gator's poop was almost perfect. Gypsy DIDN'T poop but I am not going to panic as I know this can be normal. Lucy's was the best she has had as well. I think Gator and Lucy are ready for a new protein. If Gypsy's poop is still mushy/runny in the morning, I will give her a chicken leg to get more bone into her diet and try to firm up that poop a bit.

I have decided to wait on the liver for Gypsy and continue on the ointment from the vet. I just don't want her to get cannon butt and I can't take the chance that the mange will spread.

My daughter decided it would be ok to unplug the deep freeze to plug in her radio. Good thing I went to get their food for tomorrow as things had started to thaw a bit. I did check and apparently, it is perfectly fine to re-freeze it. It is strictly a dog freezer.