Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubs with Girls Scouts

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tubs with Girls Scouts

Thanks all for the great comments. I just got on here for the first time since I posted the picture...

@JAKEISGREAT, @Davidh, @Sherry, I have to fill you in on my secret for getting him to stay! He can do sit and stay, but as I was walking back to take the picture, with his treat in my hand, he kept getting up to follow me. He seems to "leave it" really well, so I took his treat and put it on the ground in front of him and told him leave it. He keeps his eyes on me for me to tell him to "fetch it up." That is how I was able to get that picture! Secret is out!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by speechmom53 View Post
    Thanks all for the great comments. I just got on here for the first time since I posted the picture...@JAKEISGREAT, @Davidh, @Sherry, I have to fill you in on my secret for getting him to stay! He can do sit and stay, but as I was walking back to take the picture, with his treat in my hand, he kept getting up to follow me. He seems to "leave it" really well, so I took his treat and put it on the ground in front of him and told him leave it. He keeps his eyes on me for me to tell him to "fetch it up." That is how I was able to get that picture! Secret is out!
    Wow! No way would Jake let a treat or actually ANYTHING..edible or not...sit in front of him for 3 seconds!! to both of you!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@speechmom53 I'm with @JAKEISGREAT mine would never let a treat stay on the ground for 1 second. Kudos to you for having him trained so well.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT and @Davidh thanks for the compliments. He has been great since the day we brought him home and great with his training. I would love to get gym certified as a therapy dog but I can't find any classes in my area. But he makes a great girl scout mascot in the meantime!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by speechmom53 View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT and @Davidh thanks for the compliments. He has been great since the day we brought him home and great with his training. I would love to get gym certified as a therapy dog but I can't find any classes in my area. But he makes a great girl scout mascot in the meantime!
    You know..@Kim Sebastian n Oliver hers certified as a therapy dog..maybe she can help!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 09-23-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You know..@Kim Sebastian n Oliver hers certified as a therapy dog..maybe she can help!
    Oliver isn't certified yet, have to wait for him to be a year old before he can take the therapy dog institute test, which is basically the same test they give for the Canine Good Citizenship certification. What I did was get onto the AKC's website and clicked the link for CGC testing evaluators and it will give you a name of someone in your area. I was lucky enough that Oliver's instructor for puppy kindergarten was the evaluator. He administered the CGC right at petsmart and it only costs $10. He told me that our local Humane society has an evaluator there for the TDI, so once he's a year (in December) then I'm going to be contacting her about testing him for the TDI. I think therapy dogs are awesome and can't wait until I can start taking him to places so people can love on him as much as he wants since he is a HUGE cuddlebug! Good luck and I hope you have as much fun with it as I am so far.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Sebastian n Oliver View Post
    Oliver isn't certified yet, have to wait for him to be a year old before he can take the therapy dog institute test, which is basically the same test they give for the Canine Good Citizenship certification. What I did was get onto the AKC's website and clicked the link for CGC testing evaluators and it will give you a name of someone in your area. I was lucky enough that Oliver's instructor for puppy kindergarten was the evaluator. He administered the CGC right at petsmart and it only costs $10. He told me that our local Humane society has an evaluator there for the TDI, so once he's a year (in December) then I'm going to be contacting her about testing him for the TDI. I think therapy dogs are awesome and can't wait until I can start taking him to places so people can love on him as much as he wants since he is a HUGE cuddlebug! Good luck and I hope you have as much fun with it as I am so far.
    Oops! I'm just full of false facts!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads