My boy Tank

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh boy! Food...it can be a long road to find the right food for each different bully! I'm not sure if you have researched food on our dog food ratings page? I've seen many people say Avoderm is a good less expensive alternative and IS available at the big box stores like petsmart and petco. And it would be a VERY strong improvement over Purina ...and why is he still on a puppy food?? When you transition..do it very slowly..start with 1/4 new to 3/4 old..every few days increase new by 1/4 cup at a time..while decreasing old the same amount..take about 10 days to 2 weeks to get him on 100% new food..I would suggest you do this as soon as you can..purina is a horrible food AND he really shouldn't be on puppy food at 2 1/2 years old!..this will be a big gift to him from you!! Good luck and remember..there are lots of food choices..another food avaiable at petco is Natural Balance limited Ingredients..a lot of bully owners like it too...one thing to remember is it seems like a lot of these guys
have a sensitivity to chicken..keep that on mind as you switch and don't get
discouraged if it takes some trial and error! Give new food about 6 weeks to see how
he's doing! Good luck..ANC I'm sure others here will chime in with some great
suggestions!

I reread this and I just wanted you to know..I was NOT blaming YOU for the puppy food!! I know he came to you on that!! Sorry..if it sounded like that!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.