Thread: My boy Tank

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My boy Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Sebastian n Oliver View Post
    welcome to EBN and I love it when the newbies learn right away to post pics the first post!!!! I guess I could be considered a newbie too, since I just joined the beginning of April
    then I'm a newbie too! Just one with a chatty mouth!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Tank is such a handsome fellow. Looks like his coat is spotted too! I think that is very cool. I enjoyed all the pictures. How is his health? How lucky for both of you that you get to be his new owner. Welcome to EBN

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for the kind words. His health is awesome and I love his spots! He is still skittish around people and around te house but he is getting better everyday. What would be the best dry food to feed him that I can get from a petsmart or petco? I am on a budget so I can't really afford a expensive food, he is eating purina puppy chow right now, previous owner said they have fed him that since he was 7 months, I'm afraid to take him off it because he is doing so well! His coat is SUPER soft, no skin problems, no allergies, and no problems with the bathroom!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Oh boy! Food...it can be a long road to find the right food for each different bully! I'm not sure if you have researched food on our dog food ratings page? I've seen many people say Avoderm is a good less expensive alternative and IS available at the big box stores like petsmart and petco. And it would be a VERY strong improvement over Purina ...and why is he still on a puppy food?? When you transition..do it very slowly..start with 1/4 new to 3/4 old..every few days increase new by 1/4 cup at a time..while decreasing old the same amount..take about 10 days to 2 weeks to get him on 100% new food..I would suggest you do this as soon as you can..purina is a horrible food AND he really shouldn't be on puppy food at 2 1/2 years old!..this will be a big gift to him from you!! Good luck and remember..there are lots of food choices..another food avaiable at petco is Natural Balance limited Ingredients..a lot of bully owners like it too...one thing to remember is it seems like a lot of these guys
    have a sensitivity to chicken..keep that on mind as you switch and don't get
    discouraged if it takes some trial and error! Give new food about 6 weeks to see how
    he's doing! Good luck..ANC I'm sure others here will chime in with some great
    suggestions!

I reread this and I just wanted you to know..I was NOT blaming YOU for the puppy food!! I know he came to you on that!! Sorry..if it sounded like that!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 09-08-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads