Cultured dog

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Remembering of course that bulldogs originated in that haven of culture and gentlemanly behavior, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, we have attempted to inculcate that into the furry member of our family.Here he is politely sniffing the fragrance of a flower on one of his walks through the countryside.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• Sniffing the flowers.jpg
    Sniffing the flowers.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator:

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
I'll have to find the one of Lily where she's got her mouth poised OVER a flower like a killer whale about to eat a seal and if you look closely, you can see the first two she had already eaten in the shadows of her gullet.

Priscilla

OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
That sounds dangerous. When I was a little kid I ate some lilies and my gums ached something horrible for quite a while. Of course our cultured family member does not eat flowers, although he might do something else on them (which I will not mention). The fox glove he is sniffing is poisonous, I think you can get digitalis from it.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I really think bullies tend to notice the little things like flowers. It is part of what makes them unique!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Got ya fooled. :D

OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Digitalis is a heart medication from this foxglove plant which is common in England. From Wikipedia: "The entire plant is toxic (including the roots and seeds), although the leaves of the upper stem are particularly potent, with just a nibble, or a deep inhaled breath, being enough to potentially cause death. Early symptoms of ingestion include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, wild hallucinations, delirium, and severe headache. Depending on the severity of the toxicosis the victim may later suffer irregular and slow pulse, tremors, various cerebral disturbances, especially of a visual nature (unusual colour visions with objects appearing yellowish to green, and blue halos around lights), convulsions, and deadly disturbances of the heart". Well, that seems over the top, but maybe I won't encourage too much sniffing in the future!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm confused, haha.

But I will say, cute picture!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
@hoegaandit ...All I knew of foxgloves is that hummingbirds like them. I've removed most of my plants in my yard and all I have is lovely weeds now. Are hummingbirds toxic? LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.