Pepper, the Belle of Birming'am

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
We moved into our new home a few months past and now Her Majesty flat out refuses to come to the shop with me and its like pulling teeth to get her down the steps to go outside. She much rather just lie about all day in her room ,on her bed in the A.C.chewing bones, sleeping and passing gas.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Demanding a belly scratch

Here is Pepper with our friend Tsula who just passed away last week. He was an old guy and her buddy, he went blind from brain cancer but she still liked to play with him. Here she is trying to get him to play with her elk antler. Part of the game was daring him to touch it so she could have fun trying to get it back.

Last edited:
OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Her momma, Lola just celebrated her 12th birthday last week.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I'm sorry to hear about Tsula :*(

Pepper is looking as pretty as ever... must be all the beauty sleep she is getting at the new home :)

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Telly. She would tease the heck out of that poor old bloke. When he started going blind her favorite way to annoy him was to wait til he laid down then she would slowly walk up to him and position her rear end right in his face.NO kIDDING.... And she would look back to see if he got mad and shifted. She would purposely move her butt back in position. That poor guy, have to smell Bully butt. It was like a little sister bothering her big brother
AND she would make sure I was there to see the whole episode also. I'd berate her and tell her to get her arse out of his face and she would stand there and defy me.
These Bully's can be so stubborn
Here is a pic I took of her doing it
[URL=http://img9.imageshack.us/i/arsex.jpg/] Uploaded with [/URL]ImageShack.us

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OMG! She sounds hilarious! She is VERY pretty to boot :). I am sorry for your loss. Do you think the reason she doesn't want to go to work is because he is gone? At any rate, welcome to EBN! You have a gorgeous girl :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Peppers so pretty! So do you think she loves the new place so much more, or you mention her not wanting to go down stairs, is that something new? Having stairs I mean.

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
She was stubborn about not wanting to leave since we moved here. Before she was at the shop with me for days on end especially during winter when we got snowed in and could not get home. Plus all the customers coming into the store and the crowds of tourist on the sidewalks I think she just got tired of the constant attention. She does miss her buddy though , the night before I took him to the vet to have him put to sleep he went through constant seizures and pepper laid up in her room and whined and cried. I came back from burying him she knew he was gone. You know these Bully's can cry real tears ? They can, they do cry.
She used to steps LariP but in typical Bully fashion she will always opt to the side of minimal effort. Steps ARE WORK and she would rather not deal with them.She'd be real happy if I would build a ramp like we had at our other house. I don't yet know how I will manage her on them when i have her bred later this year

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry for your loss of Tsula, and Pepper is a cutie. I don't blame her, I'd rather stay in my room and be in A/C and eat all day too. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww..pepper is beautiful. I'm so sorry for the loss of Tsula...good for you that you have experienced loving an older dog. It's a real privilege..I believe. I'm sure some of her "Tude" is because of all the changes in her life. New home...old friend gone...dogs..especially bullies...really like a routine and they are very sensitive. You are a great Dad..she will come around..like all females..on her own terms!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.