Finally ...pics of Mr.Bruno in his new armor.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I,m not trying to come off like a lead balloon but I don't think that is a good type of harness for a bully . I have a feeling Bruno and you may have some issues with it in the future.
Let me explain.
I work with leather be it for clothing, knife cases , guitar/bass straps etc.
The tooling on your bully's harness is beautiful but I don't think it is functional or going to be comfortable for him for long.
That harness on Bruno is made of a heavy harness leather. Its more suitable for saddlery , just too thick for a dog harness, It is going to absorb a lot of sweat and moisture and start rubbing on your bully and may well start hot spots and bald spots.
There are three large metal buckles IMO they are just much too large, and the harness maker could have went with something much smaller. I prefer to use those snaps as you find on collars, they cut down on weight and much easier and functional on a harness.
IMO had I made that harness I would have spent a bit more time on design and used a lighter weight of tooling leather and padded the harness and not used the huge buckles. it just makes the whole appearance of that harness look to uncomfortable.

Last edited:
OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
@ Victor Y. The harness on Bruno is fine. Remember it is custom made to the way I wanted it.You can have one made with thin leather and tiny buckles if you like. He does not wear it all day long or for extended periods of time. I use it mainly when we are at shows or jobs, just like you would put on your good jewelry or outfit for a special occasion. I honestly don't think its too heavy, nor have I ever felt him sweaty??? :sarcastic:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.