Chance's "Houdini" trick...

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
The first time I caught him without his harness I thought we'd buckled him in wrong. The second time, I knew we hadn't but didn't catch the escape. The third time...

default.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are smart little buggers. He is just way too cute and adorabull.

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
LOL It's so true that they use their wit to plot against us. They don't have the "gotta please my people" gene the labs do. But still, we love them all the same!

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
That is funny! And i love the proud look on his face... Like you would be soooo pleased with him!

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I think we may have to give up on the car harness... (and no, we were not driving while this was filmed!) P.S. he also puts the windows down in the back so we have to turn on the child-proofing before we hit the highway. :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wow! Looks and brains too! Well you know how beautiful I think Chance is. Where did you get that frozen yogurt? That looks mighty handy on a hot day.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
And the look on his face is quite smug, like he is thinking, I did the trick, where's the treat? :luv:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
O that's awesome lol... Lexter has gotten to were he will unbuckle him jeff or I in the car lmao

OP
malaviKat

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Wow! Looks and brains too! Well you know how beautiful I think Chance is. Where did you get that frozen yogurt? That looks mighty handy on a hot day.

Thanks. :) The frozen yogurt is a Canadian company called Bosco & Roxy. Their stuff sells all over the place up here; I got it at Bark and Fitz. However, I soon realized that it was equally easy to make your own frozen yogurt for pooches so I did just that. :)

Plain yogurt (organic if you're into that)
Peanut butter (to taste)
Honey (teaspoon)
Vanilla extract (a dash)

I whipped it all up and chilled it in the freezer. Some of it I packed into a couple of his Kongs first, then froze for a later, longer lasting treat and some I just left as is and spooned it into his bowl after dinner. It isn't perfect since (as I'm sure you know) freezing yogurt results in some ice crystallization. But it wasn't bad for my first try and Chance seemed to love it. :) I've read that you can freeze plain PB too and just give them that so I'm going to try some PB and bananas next week.

Yesterday I made him some savoury "pupsicles" from some leftover chicken bones I had from cooking on the weekend. Boiled the carcass for a few hours, let it cool, took all the meat off the bones and poured the stock and meat into popsicle molds. The rest of the stock is now in the fridge and he gets a bit on his kibble each meal. He had two popsicles today after soccer. Seemed to go over pretty well!

Most Reactions