Shirley Wigglebutt attempting to be a chameleon!

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Shirley Wigglebutt thinks she's invisible playing chameleon!
20210225_150107.jpg

Also noticed awhile back when she displayed behaviors of being abused before coming to me and that her jaw seems off. The slit from her nose isn't straight, or are other bully's like this too? Yes her fangs had also been filed....
20210225_144944.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a cute chameleon! I will check Castor's face to check.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor kameleont.jpg
Castor decided to go into cameleon mode today too! I've checked his face and he's quite symmetrical. I hope Shirley wasn't abused in a way that dislocated her jaws? How awful that they filed her fangs - why on earth did they do that? Was she only a breeding dog or was she -God forbid - used as a bait dog? Whatever she has been through, Castor and I are so happy she now lives a nice relaxed life.

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Shirley Wigglebutt thinks she's invisible playing chameleon!
View attachment 120563

Also noticed awhile back when she displayed behaviors of being abused before coming to me and that her jaw seems off. The slit from her nose isn't straight, or are other bully's like this too? Yes her fangs had also been filed....

View attachment 120564

So glad you have found Shirley Wigglebut and she is getting the love she deserves, just canā€™t bear the thought of a gorgeous animal being mistreated.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
So glad you have found Shirley Wigglebut and she is getting the love she deserves, just canā€™t bear the thought of a gorgeous animal being mistreated.

No animal deserves to e beaten or mistreated. As time has gone by and the more I have "learned" from her by her behavior, she had an absolute horrid life. I am amazed she didn't turn mean and aggressive due to it. She's absolutely loving and kind in spite of. Shirley wasn't even on my list with the rescue. The one I wanted unfortunately was rushed to the vet, a mass was found in her chest and she didn't make it. My second choice is still available, but the rescue matched Shirley to me as Shirley has to be an only dog, she was aggressive towards other bully's in her foster home and had to be kept separated. Really she needed me as much as I needed her and I consider myself the lucky and blessed one to have her in my life. We both have had pretty horrible lives, it's like we are healing one another and growing old together. I realize the average lifespan is around 8 years old and she's already almost 7 but in perfect health given the fact she was way overbred (at least 5 litters from what I can tell from all the scars), so here's to hoping for a beyond average lifespan. At least I am able to provide her the rest of her life never to be put in a cage again, no worries, no stress, good balanced Zignature diet, a bunch of blankets and toys, a ton of love and hopefully happiness till the end.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Here's my guy, looks straight. View attachment 120574

Yeah I had been studying other bully photos and it appears Shirley's jaw is definitely off, probably been hit or kicked hard enough and dislocated it. I'm going to have the vet X-ray her if possible just to make sure there's no other hidden issues from it, but at least will have it looked at if they can't do an X-ray. She doesn't appear to have any pain from it and she chews on her toys just fine and quite often. She barely chews her kibble but from everything I've read most bully's inhale theirs as well, so I stopped worrying about that aspect! Your guy is absolutely adorable! Is he considered a red and white or sable and white?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a cutie pie. Sometimes their jaws will be off a little, but not normal. It doesn't hurt anything though. Hers isn't that far off. :)

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
View attachment 120571
Castor decided to go into cameleon mode today too! I've checked his face and he's quite symmetrical. I hope Shirley wasn't abused in a way that dislocated her jaws? How awful that they filed her fangs - why on earth did they do that? Was she only a breeding dog or was she -God forbid - used as a bait dog? Whatever she has been through, Castor and I are so happy she now lives a nice relaxed life.

Awe Castor! Where did you go handsome? Ohhh there you are!
I know by Shirley's behavior when she first came home that she has indeed been beaten and abused. If I moved too fast or even turned my head too fast towards her, or raised my voice she would cower dang near to the floor. We've gotten past that but if I throw a temper tantrum out of frustration due to my physical limitations/disabilities from the wreck or I drop or spill something and I say something a lil louder than normal (usually a bunch of profanity) she still gets nervous then comes to check on me when she realizes it not directed at her. I have no idea why they filed her fangs. I tried internet search on that and its for no other reason than torture from what I found. They file the fangs to expose the nerves in the teeth to cause them pain. Hers were filed long ago, no nerves are exposed now if they were then. She was a "breeder surrender" so I doubt she was used as a bait dog, all the scars are from c sections (5 different ones that I can count in all the scars- at least 3 regular and 2 side c sections) her hanging and lopsided tits are a dead give away too. We both messed up LOL
These photos are before and after wreck, I died 3 times but they brought me back....(wreck was not my fault, I held zero liability btw. Car tried to beat me through an intersection and turned in front of me when I had the green light)

20161113_162650.jpg

20170322_092629.jpg

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
She is a cutie pie. Sometimes their jaws will be off a little, but not normal. It doesn't hurt anything though. Hers isn't that far off. :)

Her split from her nose should be straight between her 2 front bottom nubby teeth, but it falls at the tooth next to her fang.
She was a breeder surrender rescue that I adopted January 4th. When I brought her home she exhibited extreme signs of being beaten and abused. If her jaw naturally "off" I'm sure the vet will be able to tell. I'm hoping they can X-ray and there's no other damages if she had been hit or kicked hard to dislocate her jaw.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is one beautiful girl with a great momma! Agree it is a little off and I pray it wasnā€™t from abuse. No being deserving of that behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Awe Castor! Where did you go handsome? Ohhh there you are!
I know by Shirley's behavior when she first came home that she has indeed been beaten and abused. If I moved too fast or even turned my head too fast towards her, or raised my voice she would cower dang near to the floor. We've gotten past that but if I throw a temper tantrum out of frustration due to my physical limitations/disabilities from the wreck or I drop or spill something and I say something a lil louder than normal (usually a bunch of profanity) she still gets nervous then comes to check on me when she realizes it not directed at her. I have no idea why they filed her fangs. I tried internet search on that and its for no other reason than torture from what I found. They file the fangs to expose the nerves in the teeth to cause them pain. Hers were filed long ago, no nerves are exposed now if they were then. She was a "breeder surrender" so I doubt she was used as a bait dog, all the scars are from c sections (5 different ones that I can count in all the scars- at least 3 regular and 2 side c sections) her hanging and lopsided tits are a dead give away too. We both messed up LOL
These photos are before and after wreck, I died 3 times but they brought me back....(wreck was not my fault, I held zero liability btw. Car tried to beat me through an intersection and turned in front of me when I had the green light)

View attachment 120576

View attachment 120577

Oh dear. What a dreadful accident, and again, so happy that Shirley is with you. I hope you can help each other to heal.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Oh dear. What a dreadful accident, and again, so happy that Shirley is with you. I hope you can help each other to heal.

My life had become a complete nightmare due to the wreck, both physically and emotionally/mentally. Just the two of us in the house trying our best to work through and overcome our past traumas and emotional baggage together. She's done very well with a few bumps in the road so far, but we've made progress in the right direction by leaps and bounds in a pretty short time. Thanks in part to the friendly help, support, and advice I've received on this forum. She seems to be a happy dog for the most part (learning how to be a dog and outside of a cage) and she has brought happiness back into my life that I thought was forever lost when my feline soulmate passed. I still look at his grave site out the door and tell him goodnight every night before I go to bed with tears in my eyes. 16 years and a few months he was by my side is very difficult for me to get through him being gone (as I sit here tears down my face just typing about him) but Shirley has filled the emptiness in the house and has been a wonderful companion. She doesn't like it when I'm upset or crying, if she wasn't at my feet snoring currently she'd be all in my face trying to lick away my tears. I am truly blessed to have her.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I recently sold my antique 1988 Sportster. Missing it already but Iā€™ve reached an age I value my 2 legs n especially life. Riding bikes is fantastic but sadly can be deadly. 90% of accidents is cause by a vehicle not seeing you. The numbers of times i almost got wiped out I lost count. When I drive n see a bike around me, I will never ever change lanes till I see where that bike is or went. Iā€™ve been there. Had numerous moms would come up to me n ask questions n they had babies in strollers or toddlers in their back seat of their vehicles....like no. I was very honest. IMO, wait till your kids grows up. They need their mom around. Very glad youā€™re fine.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
I recently sold my antique 1988 Sportster. Missing it already but Iā€™ve reached an age I value my 2 legs n especially life. Riding bikes is fantastic but sadly can be deadly. 90% of accidents is cause by a vehicle not seeing you. The numbers of times i almost got wiped out I lost count. When I drive n see a bike around me, I will never ever change lanes till I see where that bike is or went. Iā€™ve been there. Had numerous moms would come up to me n ask questions n they had babies in strollers or toddlers in their back seat of their vehicles....like no. I was very honest. IMO, wait till your kids grows up. They need their mom around. Very glad youā€™re fine.

I have no human kids, no husband or bf and hadn't for quite some time prior to the wreck due to a heartbreaking break up. I only had my horses and my kitty at the time. I still have my dream bike, an 05 Yamaha warrior even though I'll never get to ride it again. I'm not fine, I'm disabled with a flail right arm and hand, permanent hardware in my pelvis that has immobilized all pelvic joints so walking is slow and painful, and a huge chunk of bone gone from my right knee, and then the TBI I have lifelong effects from. I can't work, i can't do anything that requires two arms and hands anymore and I get so frustrated! I have to depend on my best friend to do my shopping or go with me to load and unload and I require her help to shower which she comes every Sunday to help me with. Everyone else I knew had abandoned me completely within a month of getting to go home from the hospital. I'm a complete mess.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.