Shirley Wigglebutt attempting to be a chameleon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no human kids, no husband or bf and hadn't for quite some time prior to the wreck due to a heartbreaking break up. I only had my horses and my kitty at the time. I still have my dream bike, an 05 Yamaha warrior even though I'll never get to ride it again. I'm not fine, I'm disabled with a flail right arm and hand, permanent hardware in my pelvis that has immobilized all pelvic joints so walking is slow and painful, and a huge chunk of bone gone from my right knee, and then the TBI I have lifelong effects from. I can't work, i can't do anything that requires two arms and hands anymore and I get so frustrated! I have to depend on my best friend to do my shopping or go with me to load and unload and I require her help to shower which she comes every Sunday to help me with. Everyone else I knew had abandoned me completely within a month of getting to go home from the hospital. I'm a complete mess.

So sorry to read this... humans can be such a disappointment when times get tough. I happy you have such a great friend to come and help you with shopping and showering. Sending you lots of prayers to help keep you safe and strong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Wry jaws are not uncommon with the Bulldog breed. Shirley’s wry-ness is minimal, IMO.
Our Lala’s is way worse and at 5 years old, has caused her no problems. Also, we see many lower canines that are either chipped off or worn down...sometimes from chewing hard objects or trying to chew out of a kennel. Filing down teeth(which would likely require GA) seems like a lot of trouble to go to for minimal gain...except in the case of a bait dog. A bait dogs has a very short life.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have no human kids, no husband or bf and hadn't for quite some time prior to the wreck due to a heartbreaking break up. I only had my horses and my kitty at the time. I still have my dream bike, an 05 Yamaha warrior even though I'll never get to ride it again. I'm not fine, I'm disabled with a flail right arm and hand, permanent hardware in my pelvis that has immobilized all pelvic joints so walking is slow and painful, and a huge chunk of bone gone from my right knee, and then the TBI I have lifelong effects from. I can't work, i can't do anything that requires two arms and hands anymore and I get so frustrated! I have to depend on my best friend to do my shopping or go with me to load and unload and I require her help to shower which she comes every Sunday to help me with. Everyone else I knew had abandoned me completely within a month of getting to go home from the hospital. I'm a complete mess.

Yes Humans can be so ignorant n forget their surroundings. You’re a strong woman. :yes: Baby steps lovely lady!!

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Wry jaws are not uncommon with the Bulldog breed. Shirley’s wry-ness is minimal, IMO.
Our Lala’s is way worse and at 5 years old, has caused her no problems. Also, we see many lower canines that are either chipped off or worn down...sometimes from chewing hard objects or trying to chew out of a kennel. Filing down teeth(which would likely require GA) seems like a lot of trouble to go to for minimal gain...except in the case of a bait dog. A bait dogs has a very short life.

Thank you for this information. I agree Shirley's jaw offset is minimal, but I am still going to have the new vet check it out and X-ray if possible. I do want to know if this is injury related based on her exhibiting major behaviors of being beaten and abused when she first came home and that there's no other damages. If this is a natural thing then it is what it is and all is good. I wasn't really too concerned about it until she exhibited those behaviors, we all have some sort of natural cosmetic blemishes that do not hinder us in any way or something about us that we feel isn't perfect about ourselves. Doesn't make us any less handsome or beautiful. I really do not believe Shirley was ever a bait dog, she was aggressive towards the foster moms personal bullies and other foster bullies, but has not shown any aggression or pulled me on leash to go after any of the neighbors dogs, both neighbors each have two dogs on their property. The neighbor to the south, their dogs can't get anywhere near my fence and the north neighbor has a pit cross that can't get near my fence and a free roaming old female Pyrenees that can get to my fence line and Shirley could care less about all of them. A bait or fighting dog would aggressively go after any other dog or try to get as far away as possible wouldn't they? Shirley acknowledges but otherwise has no reaction at all. She has never showed any aggression at all towards any other dogs being groomed at petsmart while she's there. I do not know if her aggression towards other dogs is breed specific from only being around other bullies her entire life at the breeders and in the rescues foster home. I did witness her charging the babygate very aggressively in fight mode at the foster moms personal bullies at the meet and greet when I brought her home. I have adopted shelter dogs in the past but this is my first actual rescue. I've purchased dogs off Craigslist. I've had abused and starved dogs that I've brought back around, and I've bought puppies from breeders and have never encountered what all I've been dealing with in regards to Shirley. I've never had any dog that absolutely refused to be potty trained or that blatantly disregarded and ignored me. Un chartered territory and I needed and still need help with Shirley on some issues, so I joined this forum when I came across it in my internet search for help. Plus I want to learn as much as I can and no place better than from other bully parents with a lot of knowledge from their own experiences. I am very grateful for everyone here and all the awesome advice I've received.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
So sorry to read this... humans can be such a disappointment when times get tough. I happy you have such a great friend to come and help you with shopping and showering. Sending you lots of prayers to help keep you safe and strong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. It's been hell to be honest both physically and emotionally/mentally and from the TBI I have great difficulty dealing and coping with the not so good things anymore, I'm extremely emotional and I no longer have control over it and simple decisions aren't easy for me to make (such as what I want to eat to the point sometimes I go days without eating because I couldn't decide). I get easily frustrated with my physical limitations. I was always so independent and very active, always on the go. I spent a very long time just living in a hospital bed in the living room until settlements were reached and I purchased my property. I still have to sleep in that darned ol hospital bed so I can adjust to get some relief from the pain and redistribute my weight off my pelvis so I can sleep. I've learned to live thru the pain everyday best I can. Now I'm not completely helpless even though I feel that way a lot of the time, but I am able to feed and water and groom and love on all my furkids, I just couldn't pick up my piggies when I first got them as piglets to be able to potty train them and keep them as indoor pets and I am unable to halter my horses by myself anymore. I've reached out to the only nearby equine therapy barn to try to get some help to get around my physical limitations and learn how to be able to halter and maybe even tack up and just to see if I'd ever be able to ride again and was totally shunned by them.
I am beyond grateful and blessed that my one friend chose to stay in my life and help me. Every Sunday she does my grocery shopping, comes out delivers my groceries, helps me put everything away and opens things for me that I cannot open myself, gathers up and takes out my trash, changes my bedding, helps me shower. She also comes out to help me with my horses when needed, usually to halter for me for hay deliveries so they don't get in my hay guys way or when the vet comes (later this morning vet coming to float teeth), and goes with me for feed runs so she can unload and dump feed into my bins for me and stacks my small square bales of alfalfa. All the stuff that requires two functioning arms and hands. I can drive and I can "walk" if you call it walking for short distances but to go to Walmart or any big stores, I have to use their motorized carts or have my friend load and unload my wheelchair and push me around. I rarely leave my property and I have anxiety about getting out going places alone, but can get through if it's a necessity or of importance. I'm embarrassed by my appearance now and I can't look at myself in a mirror anymore. I can't dress "normal" I have to wear sweatpants or pull up pants, I can't button or zip, I can't tie shoes etc... it's really amazing all the simple everyday things we take for granted every single day until you can no longer do them. Putting toothpaste on a toothbrush, holding a plate or any dish to wash it off, holding a pot handle and mix or stir the food, cutting off hang nails, washing and drying your hand... oh the list goes on... everything I enjoyed and my passions in life were all taken from me as well as my physical abilities and looks/appearance. I need daily assistance but I'm very grateful for the once a week assistance my friend gives me, even if she's only here 3-4 hours and is normally my only human interaction I get. Getting hay deliveries, vet, going to a store or event and just seeing other people is a huge deal for me anymore. Even though this is my sad existence now, I do still have A LOT to be thankful and grateful for. I needed Miss Shirley Wigglebutt just as much as she needed me.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Just read this post [MENTION=8560]Shirley[/MENTION]Wigglebutt You are certainly lucky to be alive, and what wonderful doctors who saved your life! You and Shirley were surely meant for each other. Your life was saved,and you saved hers. I think her fangs were worn down from being caged and biting on the cage out of frustration. One will never really know, but that is my theory. I am happy that you and Shirley got together, and were meant to be!( and are both alive and here with us!)

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Just read this post [MENTION=8560]Shirley[/MENTION]Wigglebutt You are certainly lucky to be alive, and what wonderful doctors who saved your life! You and Shirley were surely meant for each other. Your life was saved,and you saved hers. I think her fangs were worn down from being caged and biting on the cage out of frustration. One will never really know, but that is my theory. I am happy that you and Shirley got together, and were meant to be!( and are both alive and here with us!)

They brought me back 3 times, but left me with a flail limb by failure to fix the injury and never even told me about it, was lied to by everyone at the hospital telling me my arm would be fine in 3 months, then pushed back to 6 months and 2-3 month increments for a year. I got some of my medical records March 2020 from my attorneys and they knew the injury and they never addressed it. I breathe (barely), I exist, but I don't have my life. I can't find any attorneys willing to take a medical negligence case on it because the hospital is the only trauma 1 in the state and is state and federally funded. My records are so jacked and contradictory but couldn't even get them corrected. I have filed so many complaints it's not even funny providing physical evidence that has been part of the cause I keep getting denied disability. That now has been filed in federal district court. Theyve blatantly ignored my medical records so I have a very strong case.

If Shirley had been chewing on the cage the breeder kept her in, wouldn't her fangs have cracks or be uneven or other teeth appear broken not filed? Her top right fang also appears to have been filed real short. As you stated, one will never really know. I'm just doing my best to do right by her, she deserves it even if she hadnt gone through everything she has that I know of, who knows what else she's been through and had to endure...

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Such a beautiful dog!

Thank you. Shirley thanks you as well :0)

Screenshot_20210210-120519_Gallery.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry to hear all the things you are going through. Hopefully things will get better for you soon. I would not waist the money on an X-ray for her jaw. It is not that far off. I have seen worse. So I wouldn't worry with it. She is a beauty and with time will heal from the abuse she has gone through.

OP
S

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
So sorry to hear all the things you are going through. Hopefully things will get better for you soon. I would not waist the money on an X-ray for her jaw. It is not that far off. I have seen worse. So I wouldn't worry with it. She is a beauty and with time will heal from the abuse she has gone through.

Thank you. If we do the X-ray, it would only be for my knowledge if it is off naturally or by abuse, and if it's causing her any discomfort or if there's other damages if it was by abuse. I had to request an in person appointment, I will not do curbside drop off/pick up with Shirley, so office stated no need to come in just for new patient and scheduled me in person for when her proheart 6 is due and do the initial "well being" new patient then. You're absolutely right though, an X-ray may be waste of money, vet should be able to tell if anything else could be wrong from her jaw by the exam. I'm not sure how much bulldog experience this vet has, all I was told is that this vet office is experienced with the breed. We shall see....

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online