Puppy Wesley’s home!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
We picked this little man up on Sunday and hes a little terror :D mischievous little bully into everything and already in full shark mode :eek: i am sure Dudley didnt start attacking feet/hands/shoes/socks/sleeves/laces until he was little older :D

We we’re spoilt with Dudley who slept perfectly by himself in his crate from the very first night we brought him home, Wesley on the other hand made noises and screams that i have never heard before in my life the second he was left alone in his cage :no: he through himself around tipping over his water dish and bitting at the cage, we have cctv so were watching him from upstairs.

My wife managed possibly 5 minutes then couldn’t handle it anymore and instead slept downstairs with him :D

We have now moved his crate into the living room and feeding him in it to get used to it we will see how

Attachments

• 6C8C0DAD-815D-467F-B864-832AB7E62ED7.jpeg
    6C8C0DAD-815D-467F-B864-832AB7E62ED7.jpeg
    884.2 KB · Views: 212
  • EFD41A9B-384E-437D-8587-541794E37FCB.jpeg
    EFD41A9B-384E-437D-8587-541794E37FCB.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 210824EE-928D-4798-9DBA-4FD1360A5432.jpeg
    210824EE-928D-4798-9DBA-4FD1360A5432.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 209
  • 0A8871D8-AF75-4CB5-AA07-26FABE9F858E.jpeg
    0A8871D8-AF75-4CB5-AA07-26FABE9F858E.jpeg
    844.6 KB · Views: 196
  • E41A1FA5-5D6B-411B-B046-30D251D6A1F2.jpeg
    E41A1FA5-5D6B-411B-B046-30D251D6A1F2.jpeg
    848.1 KB · Views: 187

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
What a little cutie pie. I wished they would all stay that small. LOL.

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Aweee totally adorable! Sorry he's such a mini terror, hope he settles in quickly and becomes less of a terror. CONGRATULATIONS ��

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Oh, he is such a sweet little thing! Congratulations! And you have a wise wife - I believe in making pups feel secure and attached rather than training them to be alone. He's such a young baby and will be fine and independent as long as he knows you and your wife are there for him. That way, I think too that it will be easier to train him to be alone when that time comes. It's like a human baby - you wouldn't let a baby cry himself to sleep but would pick him up an sing him a lullaby. And yes, I still sing to Castor, and he will be asleep in three seconds.

May I ask why you feed him in the crate? Is it not better to teach him to eat in the kitchen?

Best of luck, he certainly looks adorable!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ohhhhhh the belly bully cuteness... Congrats can’t wait to see his new adventures tormenting you lolll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ADORABLE!! The belly, nose rope and I see a freckle on his ear!!!

Good idea on crate feeding— he will see it as a safe place and become attached to the crate... also try a dirty T-shirt with your scent on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, he is such a sweet little thing! Congratulations! And you have a wise wife - I believe in making pups feel secure and attached rather than training them to be alone. He's such a young baby and will be fine and independent as long as he knows you and your wife are there for him. That way, I think too that it will be easier to train him to be alone when that time comes. It's like a human baby - you wouldn't let a baby cry himself to sleep but would pick him up an sing him a lullaby. And yes, I still sing to Castor, and he will be asleep in three seconds.

May I ask why you feed him in the crate? Is it not better to teach him to eat in the kitchen?

Best of luck, he certainly looks adorable!

As 2bullymama said, we were thinking of trying to make the cage an enjoyable positive place to be but he will eventually be fed in the kitchen though :D

That being said i was on bully sitting duty last night and slept outside his cage with him, calming him back to sleep every couple of hours while he screamed the house down :w00t:

He had his first full meal of raw food today and absolutely loved it! Didnt stop until its was completely clean :D

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=13960]Zedsded[/MENTION] Oh welcome home Wesley !!!!!! Sounds like you're already at work making the house YOUR HOME!!!

Congratulations! Good luck, I got exhausted just reading your posts LOL I expect tons of progress posts and PHOTOS please :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww... he is absolutely adorable!!! Congratulations... and we need more pics!!! Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome home,Wesley! For sure you miss your siblings. If I only had one pup, I put a stuffed animal in the crate with them. It seemed to comfort them. I usually had their crate beside my bed, so they knew they were not alone. Everyone has their own system! He is such a cutie and I think Dudley had spoiled you! Welcome to the wide(wild) world of puppyhood!! :playing: Do not compare with Duds!:no:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
As 2bullymama said, we were thinking of trying to make the cage an enjoyable positive place to be but he will eventually be fed in the kitchen though :D

That being said i was on bully sitting duty last night and slept outside his cage with him, calming him back to sleep every couple of hours while he screamed the house down :w00t:

He had his first full meal of raw food today and absolutely loved it! Didnt stop until its was completely clean :D

I know you're great bulldog owners and it is so obvious that you treat baby Wesley very well, so please don't get me wrong: I just wonder why making the cage an enjoyable place and why making him sleep in a cage? Can he not sleep in a little bed next to your bed and have his meals in the kitchen from start?

I am very interested in cultural differences, and caging is such an interesting example of how countries/cultures that overall are quite similar still approach a particular issue in opposite ways: whereas many dogs in the UK and in the US, for instance, are caged, this is against the law in Sweden (and also Finland, I believe). Here, dogs may not be caged unless they are travelling. In cars, on the other hand, they are common as the law stipulates that dogs must be confined when riding a car. So Castor has a big cage in the back of our car (and we have to have a big car because of this) but it would be against the law having him in that cage in our house.

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
I know you're great bulldog owners and it is so obvious that you treat baby Wesley very well, so please don't get me wrong: I just wonder why making the cage an enjoyable place and why making him sleep in a cage? Can he not sleep in a little bed next to your bed and have his meals in the kitchen from start?

I am very interested in cultural differences, and caging is such an interesting example of how countries/cultures that overall are quite similar still approach a particular issue in opposite ways: whereas many dogs in the UK and in the US, for instance, are caged, this is against the law in Sweden (and also Finland, I believe). Here, dogs may not be caged unless they are travelling. In cars, on the other hand, they are common as the law stipulates that dogs must be confined when riding a car. So Castor has a big cage in the back of our car (and we have to have a big car because of this) but it would be against the law having him in that cage in our house.

I totally get what you mean :yes: we are just doing what worked with Dudley, the cage is just a simple way of keeping them in a secure area while we can’t keep an eye on him chewing things like electrical cable or plugs which have in our hall, Dudley did do this but luckily the electric heater cable he chewed through was switched off at the plug, he also managed to completely pull a plug box off the wall including the screws from the wall :w00t:

As Wesley gets older he will have the run of the hallway and kitchen at night but we will leave his crate open for him to sleep in, Dudley would always take himself into his crate when he fancied an early night :D we only removed the crate when he out grew it.

Just a personal preference but we won’t be letting Wesley sleep in our bedroom because we have quite steep stairs and prefer him not to be going up or down them, if we lived in a bungalow i would imagine he would be sleeping in our BED every night :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.