Favourite activity

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
On our walks, we often cross a school yard and Castor always wants to stop and hop up on a bench.

IMG_20200904_114514.jpg IMG_20200904_114523_01.jpg IMG_20200904_114524.jpg IMG_20200904_114544.jpg

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How’s he feeling?

Quite ok right now! It is cooler and he wants to go for walks again so that is good. We have new routines, though. Since we are working from home, we let him sleep and don't take him out until late morning or lunch and that seems to suit him better than being dragged out earlier. He misses the morning dog meet in the park, but gets to sleep in :babysleep:

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Oh, Bella would so love to walk with you Castor!
And she likes to climb on benches too. It makes her feel tall! [emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is so darn handsome! King of the park benches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad that you are feeling well, and a better view of the area is seen from standing on a bench. Survey your domain, Castor!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Castor is THE BEST!! I wish that Joey was a "walker" but she is more of a sitter......LOL !!! I love taking my morning walk, have not found a route yet at the new house, but I will.

Castor looks awesome !!!

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor is THE BEST!! I wish that Joey was a "walker" but she is more of a sitter......LOL !!! I love taking my morning walk, have not found a route yet at the new house, but I will.

Castor looks awesome !!!

Thank you! He would love to come and play with Joey in your (her?!) big garden!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank you! He would love to come and play with Joey in your (her?!) big garden!

Ohhhhhh Joey would LOVE THAT!!!! Yes her....my GIRL Joey :) She has a new friend, Gabriel the German Shepherd on one side. He is a wonderful dog but I have not let them play yet. I am always afraid that because of the noises she makes and how close to dogs faces she gets that she might just get bitten. In good time once Gabriel gets used to Joey then I will let them play BUT I don't take any chances with my sweet Joey.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ohhhhhh Joey would LOVE THAT!!!! Yes her....my GIRL Joey :) She has a new friend, Gabriel the German Shepherd on one side. He is a wonderful dog but I have not let them play yet. I am always afraid that because of the noises she makes and how close to dogs faces she gets that she might just get bitten. In good time once Gabriel gets used to Joey then I will let them play BUT I don't take any chances with my sweet Joey.

Nice with a new fried! In my experience, male dogs rarely attack females, but of course you should be very careful if you don't know him.
I knew Joey is a girl, I meant I didn't know if it was her or your graden!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Nice with a new fried! In my experience, male dogs rarely attack females, but of course you should be very careful if you don't know him.
I knew Joey is a girl, I meant I didn't know if it was her or your graden!!

LOL I thought you knew.....too funny!! Like everything else that is "mine" it's really hers..........

I hope to allow Joey to romp and play with GS but it will take some time before I am comfortable with that. So I keep her on a leash when they meet. When they first met Joey on leash but not Gabriel, I saw his "lip" come up and that kind of scared me. Not 100% sure if that means aggression or not.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
...I saw his "lip" come up and that kind of scared me. Not 100% sure if that means aggression or not.

Oh, that doesn't sound like a gentle way of greeting a bulldog lady, but perhaps GS language?!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL I thought you knew.....too funny!! Like everything else that is "mine" it's really hers..........

I hope to allow Joey to romp and play with GS but it will take some time before I am comfortable with that. So I keep her on a leash when they meet. When they first met Joey on leash but not Gabriel, I saw his "lip" come up and that kind of scared me. Not 100% sure if that means aggression or not.

Always keep on led when first introducing a dog to each other this way if it does go south you have control. Which lip went up and how was his body language? You are right to be caoutious but not fearful, they will sense your fear and react thinking they need to protect

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Always keep on led when first introducing a dog to each other this way if it does go south you have control. Which lip went up and how was his body language? You are right to be caoutious but not fearful, they will sense your fear and react thinking they need to protect

I def will keep Joey safe, on leash. It was right lip that went up and he was backing away from Joey, it was their first meeting, the day that we moved in. He is a really great dog, well trained but I just won't take the chance that Joey could be hurt.

Does that sound like aggressive behavior to you? The lip thing?

*** I should add that a family member was here for a visit and she has a rescue dog, about 9 years old, mixed breed, that was off leash with Gabriel and neither had a problem, I just think that other dogs misunderstand our bully kids.......

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.