Some advice please!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
So for some reason this year we are having a problem with birds pooping on our pool deck (and IN our pool)[emoji36][emoji51]
I have actually seen with my own eyes at least 6 times in the last few days where a bird has flown over real low and pooped in the pool! And have vacuumed out at least a dozen every day. Besides having to spray off the deck of another dozen everyday!
I have seen Bella eating the poo [emoji2960][emoji51][emoji37][emoji849] that is soooooooo gross besides I am sure cannot be good either.
Any advice? Besides yelling at her to stop! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So for some reason this year we are having a problem with birds pooping on our pool deck (and IN our pool)[emoji36][emoji51]
I have actually seen with my own eyes at least 6 times in the last few days where a bird has flown over real low and pooped in the pool! And have vacuumed out at least a dozen every day. Besides having to spray off the deck of another dozen everyday!
I have seen Bella eating the poo [emoji2960][emoji51][emoji37][emoji849] that is soooooooo gross besides I am sure cannot be good either.
Any advice? Besides yelling at her to stop! Loent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so not good for any dog as itā€™s a fungal infection that keeps growling inside the intestines. :( Not much you can do but keep training Bella as birds wonā€™t go away.

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_multi_Histoplasmosis

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is so not good for any dog as itā€™s a fungal infection that keeps growling inside the intestines. :( Not much you can do but keep training Bella as birds wonā€™t go away.

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/digestive/c_multi_Histoplasmosis

[emoji36]
That outta be fun!
We actually put some cake pans above the pool and it has helped today anyway.
I read maybe a fake snake and owl will deter the birds too. Will have to try that!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[emoji36]
That outta be fun!
I read maybe a fake snake and owl will deter the birds too. Will have to try that! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put an owl, Iā€™ve seen crows going after a snake. Maybe bella will start playing with the toy snake loll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[emoji36]
That outta be fun!
I read maybe a fake snake and owl will deter the birds too. Will have to try that!

yes the owl

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sorry to hear! If you notice vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy show up within a week of ingestion then take her to the vet. In the meantime start her on some probiotics.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry to hear! If you notice vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy show up within a week of ingestion then take her to the vet. In the meantime start her on some probiotics.

I read that [emoji3525]
Will be watching for those symptoms.
We strung some tin cake pans by the stairs and across the pool yesterday (it seemed to help) I am sure they will get used to them and not be afraid for too long .

Members online

No members online now.