busabruce

Mar 9, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Chunk
I've had two English Bulldogs and love the breed. My first one (Muzzy) was a great family member and passed away after 12 years. Most of his life he was healthy and energetic. Biggie Chunk is my current boy and he almost the opposite of Muzzy. he is allergic to everything....I'm not kidding I had him tested. Biggie started his life in Lacey, WA. I was in the Military station at Fort Lewis. He did have minor flare ups but nothing real bad. I retired and moved back home........BOOM! Biggie has been non-stop having allergic reactions since day one. He takes Apoquel every day and I do my research and try and feel him the best food possible. Within a few seconds of reading these forums I'm happy to say his food is rated as very good here. However it looks like I'm feeding him the wrong formula Rice and Lamb. I have always fed Biggie and his Brother Duke (A Beautiful Pitbull) the View attachment 118670best foods since Duke also has minor allergies that cause his feet to itch. My dogs are family and live inside my home all day long but have doggy doors to go outside which is only when they have to do their business or make sure the lawn guy knows whose yard he's in. The picture of Duke was his first day home from
being rescued. He is 95 Lbs now. BTW Duke and Biggie both have harnesses and the choker on Duke's neck went into the trash that night. View attachment 118671 20180913_093933.jpg20170706_160707.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome to the EBN [MENTION=19523]busabruce[/MENTION]

If itā€™s Diamonds youā€™re feeding him well it has too much different rices n grains. Lamb meals isnā€™t lamb meat. Stick to Acana Duck as itā€™s easier to digest. Rotation of bags on regular basis helps to see what heā€™ll be allergic to. If he has so many allergies, go raw. Raw will help enormously with allergies. Or simple stick to Acana as like mentioned, if you look at the ingredients of diamonds, too much grains. Iā€™m going according to your profile what youā€™re feeding your dog. :) Apoquel will kill any dogā€™s immune system, needs a probiotic so make sure you feed both your dogs as a topper a day, either fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies. On the fridge side n not the shelf. Other members will add to my list especially about a replacement for Apoquel... :)

Lamb Meal, Ground White Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, Grain Sorghum, Egg Product, Dried Yeast, Rice Bran, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Millet, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Dl-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, Kale, Chia Seed, Pumpkin, ...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... two very handsome boys!

Helene gave great info... get off the diamond products... go to Acana, Zingnature, or Orijen.... duck base grain free, it will make a difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B

busabruce

Mar 9, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Chunk
Welcome to EBN.... two very handsome boys!

Helene gave great info... get off the diamond products... go to Acana, Zingnature, or Orijen.... duck base grain free, it will make a difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm ordering right now. They were both on Earthborn but hated it. They would starve themselves before they ate it. Thanks for the suggestions. Duke loves to go on walks but his feet get swollen from being itchy and he licks them all day creating a yeast infection. Biggie is just Biggie. He will actually tell me he can't handle it anymore in that baby cry Bulldogs do. He is freaking smart and equally stubborn.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4:to you and you handsome boys!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi and welcome to both your boys!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online