Crinkle tongue

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
f610671876d101d0e98cbc7d561c65a7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
[emoji3590]aawwww love love love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Cute... but... YOU HAVE GRASS????

LOL... yes, almost an acre of it. This was our side yard a few minutes ago

14747d79814e4579d4a1dbcd8e2eb1aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Such a lovely crinkle tongue!

:) Big pets in the garden! What do your boys think of them?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Such a lovely crinkle tongue!

:) Big pets in the garden! What do your boys think of them?

they bark and change them away. We call them ‘The Girls’.... and say the girls are out so we both are aware and don’t let the pups out till they girls are back in the woods. Once in the woods they are very hard to see because they blend in so well

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] do you have raccoons too? I absolutely hate having them around here in Toronto. They are so smart, and incredibly invasive- getting into your attic by ripping up roof, undoing your garbage etc. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Do you have raccoons?

We are also starting to get coyotes, which are terrifying people walking their dogs.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
they bark and change them away. We call them ‘The Girls’.... and say the girls are out so we both are aware and don’t let the pups out till they girls are back in the woods. Once in the woods they are very hard to see because they blend in so well

I think French bulldogs have more prey drive than English bulldogs because they have some terrier blood in them way back, do you find that?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Good strategy! When our son was small, we used to say things in English so that he wouldn't understand (and with Castor we sometimes spell food-related things so he won't understand!).

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] do you have raccoons too? I absolutely hate having them around here in Toronto. They are so smart, and incredibly invasive- getting into your attic by ripping up roof, undoing your garbage etc. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Do you have raccoons?

We are also starting to get coyotes, which are terrifying people walking their dogs.

Yes, we have seen raccoon and fox, but they tend to stay in the woods... so far

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yes, we have seen raccoon and fox, but they tend to stay in the woods... so far

Make sure not to leave any food outside that raccoons can get at, even in garbage cans ( I keep my garbage cans in garage),and I would advise against bird feeders, fruit trees, grape vines etc. You don't want to give them any reason to come by

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Make sure not to leave any food outside that raccoons can get at, even in garbage cans ( I keep my garbage cans in garage),and I would advise against bird feeders, fruit trees, grape vines etc. You don't want to give them any reason to come by

Trash is also in garage.... we have feeders but our security cameras have shown they do not come up to them at all... the deer eat the bird feed at night, but we have yet to see any raccoon or fox near them. I watch them each day to see what time the deer come to steal the feed

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Yes we have some raccoons but nowhere nears as East side of Canada. When I was living in Montreal, dime a dozen there too. They like the big cities as more people, more food laying around. Anyway, who the hell wants to survive outside at -40’s? Lol

For “more prey drive” Nyala is the go getting. She’s not scare of anything. Sadly she has no clue what she can get into either. So yes I wouldn’t trust her. Couple years ago I was with Nyala n Duke at my sons n they have them massive Clydesdale horses. Duke, yes of course had to be him, ran right under the fence which spooked the horses. Couple of horses stood up and started to kick. Idk how on earth he never got hit. Nyala sees that, runs to his rescue n one horse gave a back swift kick but missed Nyala by a couple inches. I raised my voice “NYALA HERE NOW!!” When she hears the word NOW in a firm yelled, she comes. My son jumps over the fence trying to get Duke. But Duke panicked and fell in a ditch onto another side of a fence. :facepalm2: I swear all took like one minute but felt like an hour of stress. Nyala also goes after them magpies. Jake just does what Nyala does. Has no clue why but runs with Nyala barking. Nyala’s the teacher.

Members online

No members online now.