sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
All,
First I want to say thank you. All of you. [MENTION=15533]Mmaker[/MENTION] for sharing and copying the rest of this gang. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] for your fast response and [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] for your valuable input.

I do trust my vet and I called her and she felt favorable of the scope and then 2BullyMama was also in favor. This also made me feel better. after talking to the orthopedic that would perform Harveyā€™s scope I asked how familiar she was with EBs and how many of these procedures she had performed on them. she stated she has done many EB and pugs and that she felt strongly that the foreign body wouldnā€™t pass on its own and that if it were her dog she would do it, I opted for the scope.
She also confirmed she knew the issues with intubation and anesthesia in EB.

It was done pretty quickly and Harvey came out of anesthesia with no problems!

The removed a stuffed toy that was very large! In my past note I mentioned the 2nd time he ingested something he threw it up. That was about 3 weeks ago. It was what I suspect was a stuffed squirrell. I thought that was all of it.. I wasnā€™t sure how he had gotten it because after episode 1 I threw all stuffed toys away. This one must have been hiding somewhere that we missed.
Well the throwing up episode was not all of it. What they removed today must have been the rest of the squirrel. It has been in him for the last 3 weeks!!

He has been drinking and eating and pooping all this time... time to time he seemed tired but I chalked it up to playing a lot with his visiting cousins.. well the last 2 days he was noticeably tired and seemed as though he didnā€™t feel good. But he was still eating and using the bathroom... this morning he threw up just a little bit and I knew in my gut something was wrong.

I am so thankful I did not take the wait and see approach this time as it would have most likely led to surgery. The only reason I didnā€™t was because my gut said no, something is not feeling right.

You know your babies, always trust your gut... no matter how much itā€™s cost $$.

I am so thankful for all of you, your knowledge and your support!
Harvey is now back home and sleeping on my lap..

Love and many thanks to you all!
f8f21a29bcb33cecc8f7f37887f6295b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God everything worked out! Iā€™m so happy Harvey is ok! Youā€™re so right! Always trust your gut! Harvey is blessed with wonderful, loving parents! No matter what, we do ANYTHING for our bully kids! Also, youā€™ve taught me a great lesson, I always put Joeyā€™s toys in the toy box at night BUT just checked under all couches, chairs, and hiding places!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh my! Just catching up on this. So glad everything worked out and all is well!

Like Harvey, Louie eats toy parts and he ate a piece of blanket before) and has thankfully thrown them up or pooped them out. This is why he does not get stuffie toys or toys with appendages. These dogs really keep us on our toes!

And yes...always go with your gut! Iā€™ve had issues with the ER a few times with Jax. And every time, I was right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO glad that everything turned out okay... Willow eats any and everything, so we always have to keep an eye out for her!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So good that Harvey got through this okay-and that you made a good decision. Totally agree with [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] that you need to scan the whole house for anything that Harvey could swallow-no matter how big! You (and Harvey) have pushed your luck far enough, and next time(hope not) may not BE a good outcome!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.